First Photos and Premiere Date of 'Fear Factor' Unveiled
NBC has set a premiere date for "Fear Factor". Years after it was canceled, the reality game show will return on the peacock on Monday, December 12 with a two-hour premiere, taking over "The Sing Off" slot after the singing competition show wraps its latest season on December 5.
NBC has additionally given a first taste of the challenging stunts by releasing first pictures of the revamped show. Making their way out via Entertainment Weekly, the photos give a sneak peek at some explosive stunts and a challenge involving black goo and scorpions. Some other stunts, which contestants have to get through to win a $50,000 prize, include the ones called "Towering Inferno" and the "Helicopter TNT Crash".
"We have taken the groundbreaking Fear Factor franchise that many fans remember fondly and have ramped it up to make it even more challenging and competitive than ever before," Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late night programming, gushes about the show. "The fans of the original show are not going to be disappointed and [host Joe] Rogan is exactly the same - it's classic, it looks amazing."
Producers have previously said that they will make use of the evolved technologies to present the show, which now can also be enjoyed in HD. However, Telegdy noted at that time, "We don't necessarily need to do the stuff with maximum shock value."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'