First Photos and Premiere Date of 'Fear Factor' Unveiled
NBC has set a premiere date for "Fear Factor". Years after it was canceled, the reality game show will return on the peacock on Monday, December 12 with a two-hour premiere, taking over "The Sing Off" slot after the singing competition show wraps its latest season on December 5.
NBC has additionally given a first taste of the challenging stunts by releasing first pictures of the revamped show. Making their way out via Entertainment Weekly, the photos give a sneak peek at some explosive stunts and a challenge involving black goo and scorpions. Some other stunts, which contestants have to get through to win a $50,000 prize, include the ones called "Towering Inferno" and the "Helicopter TNT Crash".
"We have taken the groundbreaking Fear Factor franchise that many fans remember fondly and have ramped it up to make it even more challenging and competitive than ever before," Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late night programming, gushes about the show. "The fans of the original show are not going to be disappointed and [host Joe] Rogan is exactly the same - it's classic, it looks amazing."
Producers have previously said that they will make use of the evolved technologies to present the show, which now can also be enjoyed in HD. However, Telegdy noted at that time, "We don't necessarily need to do the stuff with maximum shock value."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered