First Photos and Premiere Date of 'Fear Factor' Unveiled
NBC has set a premiere date for "Fear Factor". Years after it was canceled, the reality game show will return on the peacock on Monday, December 12 with a two-hour premiere, taking over "The Sing Off" slot after the singing competition show wraps its latest season on December 5.
NBC has additionally given a first taste of the challenging stunts by releasing first pictures of the revamped show. Making their way out via Entertainment Weekly, the photos give a sneak peek at some explosive stunts and a challenge involving black goo and scorpions. Some other stunts, which contestants have to get through to win a $50,000 prize, include the ones called "Towering Inferno" and the "Helicopter TNT Crash".
"We have taken the groundbreaking Fear Factor franchise that many fans remember fondly and have ramped it up to make it even more challenging and competitive than ever before," Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late night programming, gushes about the show. "The fans of the original show are not going to be disappointed and [host Joe] Rogan is exactly the same - it's classic, it looks amazing."
Producers have previously said that they will make use of the evolved technologies to present the show, which now can also be enjoyed in HD. However, Telegdy noted at that time, "We don't necessarily need to do the stuff with maximum shock value."
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development