Rihanna Captures the Joy and Danger of Love in 'We Found Love' Video
Rihanna's "We Found Love" music video has been premiered in full. Directed by Melina Matsoukas, the clip sees how the Barbados beauty is caught up in the rapture of love, and gets addicted to the point it turns dangerous. The joy and happiness turn sour when she and her lover fail to make it through. Everything falls apart and turns from bad to worse that the only way out is letting it go.
"It's like you screaming and no one can hear," her feelings are explained. "You almost feel ashamed, that someone could be that important, that without them you feel like nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless, but nothing can save you, and when it's over and it's gone, you almost wish that you can almost have that bad stuff back so you can have the good."
Riri plays the role of the leading lady opposite 21-year-old boxer Dudley O'Shaughnessy. Due to her altercation with Chris Brown two years ago, some people quickly refer the violence scenes in the video to their bitter split. In a behind-the-scene video, she previously said, "This is the perfect treatment for the song. .. [It's] all about love. Love being like a drug. It shows the good feeling of it and the dangers of it."
"We Found Love" features Calvin Harris and serves as the first single from Riri's upcoming studio album "Talk That Talk" which is due in the U.S. on November 21. Its music video was filmed in Belfast, and made headlines when she and her crew were kicked out of the cornfield set by the owner of the land for wearing "inappropriate" outfit.
Rihanna's "We Found Love" (feat. Calvin Harris) music video
More Rihanna News
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set