Evanescence Thrilled by Triumphant Comeback at No. 1 on Hot 200
After going on a hiatus for about four years, Evanescence come back big this year. The band fronted by Amy Lee claim No. 1 position on Billboard Hot 200 with their self-titled album "Evanescence" which sells a total of 127,000 copies in its opening week.
"What can I say, we're thrilled about it!" the female lead singer writes to MTV about their triumphant return soon afterwards. "We made an album that we're really proud of and now we get to watch it fly. We weren't expecting this and we're just so grateful to our fans."
This marks their second No. 1 album. Five years ago, the Grammy-winning band scored their first chart topper with their sophomore set "The Open Door" which bowed at No. 1 with 447,000. Its predecessor "Fallen", meanwhile, peaked at No. 3 on the U.S. album chart.
By sitting on the throne, Evanescene push aside last week's champ Scotty McCreery. The "American Idol" winner gives up the hot spot to occupy the fourth place. After selling 197,000 copies in its first week, he adds another 88,000 copies of "Clear as Day" (down 55%).
Adele holds firm at the runner-up slot by pulling in 111,000 copies of "21" (only down 1% from last week's number 112,000). Trailing behind her is this week's second-highest chart entry, Five Finger Death Punch. The hard rock band secure the third place with "American Capitalist" (91,000).
Scotty's fellow "Idol" alum Lauren Alaina rounds up the top 5 with her debut album "Wildflower" (69,000). This becomes the first time since 2008 when both the winner and the runner-up of the singing competition are on the top 5. Three years ago, David Cook and David Archuleta did so by sitting at No. 3 and 2 respectively.
The rest of the top 10 are filled with Tony Bennett's "Duets II" at No. 6, Lady Antebellum's "Own the Night" at No. 8, and Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" at No. 9. New entries Ryan Adams' "Ashes & Fire" and Martina McBride's "Eleven" arrive at No. 7 and 10 respectively.
- Evanescence - "Evanescence" (127,000)
- Adele - "21" (111,000)
- Scotty McCreery - "Clear as Day" (88,000)
- Five Finger Death Punch - "American Capitalist" (91,000)
- Lauren Alaina - "Wildflower" (69,000)
- Tony Bennett - "Tony Bennett: Duets II" (55,000)
- Ryan Adams - "Ashes & Fire" (49,000)
- Lady Antebellum - "Own the Night" (47,000)
- Lil Wayne - "Tha Carter IV" (45,000)
- Martina McBride - "Eleven" (40,000)
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal