Mariska Hargitay Welcomes Another Kid in Her Family
Mariska Hargitay has adopted a baby boy just six months after adopting daughter Amaya Josephine. The "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" actress and her husband, Peter Hermann, name the new addition Andrew Nicolas.
Andrew was born in the United States over the summer about three months early. "He was a preemie," an insider told Us magazine. "He and Amaya are just a few months apart."
Regarding the reason the couple adopted another baby within a short period of time, the source said, "Their hearts were so opened by the [first] adoption. So they couldn't imagine NOT taking the opportunity to bring another baby into the family." Hargitay and Hermann also have a 5-year-old son named August.
The actress is said to be "very tired and overwhelmed with the change" but "overjoyed", "thrilled and amazed". She will continue to work four days a week.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger