Ke$ha, Adele and Sting Lined Up for Bob Dylan All-Star Tribute Album
In an effort to salute Bob Dylan over his contribution to music throughout these years, an all-star tribute album is being planned. Electropop artist Ke$ha, British singing sensation Adele, and music vet Sting have been tapped to do the honor.
The CD is titled "Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International", and is expected to be released in the U.K. on November 21 and Stateside on the following day. Proceeds from the album will benefit the human rights group.
Ke$ha is set to cover 1963's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right", Adele is going to take on 1997's "Make You Feel My Love", and Sting will join forces with Dave Matthews Band and My Morning Jacket to tackle on 1975's "You're a Big Girl Now".
Commenting on her involvement in the project, Ke$ha tells Rolling Stone she's breaking down into tears when recording the cover because Dylan is one of her musical heroes. "You can hear the snot running down my face," says the singer who claimed her fame through single "Tik Tok".
"When you think of me, you wouldn't think of Bob Dylan," she gushes. "My music is more about going crazy than politics. But he's a huge influence - he writes his own music and means what he says. I write my own music and I f**king mean every work I sing."
The other stars involved in the forthcoming tribute include Rise Against who will play their own spin on 1964's "Ballad of Hollis Brown", and Bad Religion who will team up with Lucinda Williams on 1997's "Tryin' to Get to Heaven".
Patti Smith will additionally cover 1967's "Drifter's Escape". "I wanted to do something I've never attempted," she states. "We had just completed our new album, and instead of drinking champagne we decided to cut the song."
More Ke$ha News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger