Chord Overstreet in Final Talks to Return to 'Glee' on Recurring Basis
After bidding goodbye to gleeks last summer, Chord Overstreet is likely to return to "Glee". Sources have confirmed that the 22-year-old actor/singer is finalizing his deal to reprise his role as Sam Evans on a recurring basis.
"We missed Chord and Chord missed us. It's a win-win," one insider told TVLine which first reported the news. It is said that "The Hole" star might be seen as early as this season's eighth episode which is currently scheduled to air in December.
Another source told E! Online that Sam will come back just in time for Sectionals, but it is not clear how his return to Lima, Ohio will be inserted in the plotline. FOX, which is airing the musical show, would not confirm the news.
Overstreet announced his departure from "Glee" in July when his option for a regular was not picked up by the show for season 3. The blonde hunk was invited to return as a recurring character but turned down the offer, reasoning that he wanted to focus on making music.
In early of the series' third season, it was revealed that his character, Sam, moved out of state with his family. He also broke up with Amber Riley's Mercedes, whom he began dating in the second season finale.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip