Chord Overstreet in Final Talks to Return to 'Glee' on Recurring Basis
After bidding goodbye to gleeks last summer, Chord Overstreet is likely to return to "Glee". Sources have confirmed that the 22-year-old actor/singer is finalizing his deal to reprise his role as Sam Evans on a recurring basis.
"We missed Chord and Chord missed us. It's a win-win," one insider told TVLine which first reported the news. It is said that "The Hole" star might be seen as early as this season's eighth episode which is currently scheduled to air in December.
Another source told E! Online that Sam will come back just in time for Sectionals, but it is not clear how his return to Lima, Ohio will be inserted in the plotline. FOX, which is airing the musical show, would not confirm the news.
Overstreet announced his departure from "Glee" in July when his option for a regular was not picked up by the show for season 3. The blonde hunk was invited to return as a recurring character but turned down the offer, reasoning that he wanted to focus on making music.
In early of the series' third season, it was revealed that his character, Sam, moved out of state with his family. He also broke up with Amber Riley's Mercedes, whom he began dating in the second season finale.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway