Chord Overstreet in Final Talks to Return to 'Glee' on Recurring Basis
After bidding goodbye to gleeks last summer, Chord Overstreet is likely to return to "Glee". Sources have confirmed that the 22-year-old actor/singer is finalizing his deal to reprise his role as Sam Evans on a recurring basis.
"We missed Chord and Chord missed us. It's a win-win," one insider told TVLine which first reported the news. It is said that "The Hole" star might be seen as early as this season's eighth episode which is currently scheduled to air in December.
Another source told E! Online that Sam will come back just in time for Sectionals, but it is not clear how his return to Lima, Ohio will be inserted in the plotline. FOX, which is airing the musical show, would not confirm the news.
Overstreet announced his departure from "Glee" in July when his option for a regular was not picked up by the show for season 3. The blonde hunk was invited to return as a recurring character but turned down the offer, reasoning that he wanted to focus on making music.
In early of the series' third season, it was revealed that his character, Sam, moved out of state with his family. He also broke up with Amber Riley's Mercedes, whom he began dating in the second season finale.
More Glee News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt