Harry Belafonte Falling Asleep on Live TV Went Viral
Harry Belafonte became popular on YouTube after a video of him falling asleep on live TV went viral. The songwriter and actor was waiting for an early-morning interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California via satellite when he could not conquer his sleepiness.
"Hey, good morning Harry!" anchor Layla Santiago said, trying to alert the 84-year-old. "Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call! OK, I'll tell you what, he's meditating. He's taking a little nap." When the attempt failed, Santiago turned to her co-anchors who have been laughing.
The morning crew assumed that Belafonte had done multiple interviews very early in the morning in the past few days. He is promoting his new memoir "My Song" which hit the shelves last week. Belafonte also recently appeared at the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York City.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'