Harry Belafonte Falling Asleep on Live TV Went Viral
Harry Belafonte became popular on YouTube after a video of him falling asleep on live TV went viral. The songwriter and actor was waiting for an early-morning interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California via satellite when he could not conquer his sleepiness.
"Hey, good morning Harry!" anchor Layla Santiago said, trying to alert the 84-year-old. "Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call! OK, I'll tell you what, he's meditating. He's taking a little nap." When the attempt failed, Santiago turned to her co-anchors who have been laughing.
The morning crew assumed that Belafonte had done multiple interviews very early in the morning in the past few days. He is promoting his new memoir "My Song" which hit the shelves last week. Belafonte also recently appeared at the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York City.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert