'Criminal Minds' Casts 'Dirty Sexy Money' Alum as Hotch's Love Interest
Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner is likely to enjoy a whirlwind of romance on "Criminal Minds". Former "Dirty Sexy Money" star Bellamy Young, who recently made appearance in an episode of "Castle", has been tapped to guest star in an episode as Beth, a museum curator who meets Thomas Gibson's BAU agent character in the park while he's training for triathalon.
Hotch has been staying single after he and his wife Haley divorced in season 3 before she was killed in season 5. At a party in September to celebrate the premiere of season 7, showrunner Erica Messer has hinted at her desire to see a new beginning for the single working parent.
"Hotch ... has been going through the motions of raising a child as a single working parent and mourning the loss of a great love," she said. "And even though he and Haley were divorced, she was his first love, his only life and all that. We'd really like him to smile again and let go of that. It's going to be new and exciting for all of us and the audience."
With Prentiss' return, there was also a speculation from fans that Hotch could romance her. However, Gibson and Paget Brewster, who plays Prentiss, have brushed off the idea, with the former reasoning that his character is not someone who would "get involved with anybody he works with."
More Criminal Minds News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama