'Criminal Minds' Casts 'Dirty Sexy Money' Alum as Hotch's Love Interest
Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner is likely to enjoy a whirlwind of romance on "Criminal Minds". Former "Dirty Sexy Money" star Bellamy Young, who recently made appearance in an episode of "Castle", has been tapped to guest star in an episode as Beth, a museum curator who meets Thomas Gibson's BAU agent character in the park while he's training for triathalon.
Hotch has been staying single after he and his wife Haley divorced in season 3 before she was killed in season 5. At a party in September to celebrate the premiere of season 7, showrunner Erica Messer has hinted at her desire to see a new beginning for the single working parent.
"Hotch ... has been going through the motions of raising a child as a single working parent and mourning the loss of a great love," she said. "And even though he and Haley were divorced, she was his first love, his only life and all that. We'd really like him to smile again and let go of that. It's going to be new and exciting for all of us and the audience."
With Prentiss' return, there was also a speculation from fans that Hotch could romance her. However, Gibson and Paget Brewster, who plays Prentiss, have brushed off the idea, with the former reasoning that his character is not someone who would "get involved with anybody he works with."
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat