Christopher Nolan to Bring 'Dark Knight Rises' Occupy the Wall Street
After shooting in Los Angeles for weeks, "The Dark Knight Rises" could soon occupy New York City. The production of Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated superhero movie will be heading to the Big Apple, where the "Occupy Wall Street" protests take place.
L.A. Times reported that cast and crew of the latest Batman reboot will arrive in New York on October 29 and will begin shooting in the city for 14 days under the code name of "Magnus Rex". According to an insider, the cast members have been informed that the filming could include some scenes that will be shot among the protesters.
Although the film will likely be shot in the middle of the mass movement, the insider claimed that Nolan will not include it in the storyline. The director will use the occasion only as a backdrop or a stand-in for a part which already exists in the plot.
A spokeswoman for Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed about the plan to bring the production of "Dark Knight Rises" to New York, but she refused to elaborate any further. Meanwhile, the exact location that will be used to shoot the film in New York is still kept secret.
Recently filming in L.A., "The Dark Knight Rises" has already wrapped the shooting in Jodhpur, India and also Pittsburgh. Slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on July 20, 2012, the film stars Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard. Additionally, "Finding Forrester" actor Rob Brown has just been attached to join the cast ensemble.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival