Nicki Minaj Channels Her Inner Lil Wayne for Birdman's 'Y.U. Mad' Video
Nicki Minaj introduced her alter ego as the female Lil Wayne when filming a music video for Birdman's single "Y.U. Mad" with Weezy recently. The femcee sported a blond-and-pink deadlock and wore a white wifebeater, camouflaged baggy pants, and diamond-studded bling-blings.
She crossed her arms on her chest and stood stoically next to her rapper pals who talked to MTV. "Nicki gave me that song. She called me one day like, 'Stunna, I got a record for you I think you would like," Birdman said. "I jumped on it and put my son on it. I liked it from the start. Working with Nicki is just special anyway and I felt good about it, so we rocked with it."
Weezy added, "I don't think no one is actually mad. It's just a figure of speech. I think Nick just sounded good saying mad at that point in the song. I don't think it would've been cooler if she said, 'That's why you glad.' We have to ask her next time I see her."
The "Super Bass" rapstress' effort to impersonate Weezy continued off set. Wearing the same ensemble, she did a fake interview posing as her mentor. She talked about her love for Tupac Shakur, and the success of her labelmates including Drake among other things. At the end of the sit-down, she hilariously told the interviewer to kill himself.
On Set of "Y.U. Mad" Video:
Off Set of "Y.U. Mad" Video:
More Nicki Minaj News
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs