Shia LaBeouf to Play Gigantic Man Child in 'A Giant'
Having starred opposite gigantic robots in the "Transformers" film franchise, Shia LaBeouf will be a giant itself in his upcoming movie. The 25-year-old actor has been cast to play a 20-foot-tall man child in a movie project that goes under the working title of "A Giant".
According to Variety, the film project which is written by Gil Kenan tells the story of a girl who runs away from a series of bad relationships and moves back home to her brother. She then gets entangled in a quirky love story with a gigantic man, played by LaBeouf, who lives next to her brother's house.
Aside from serving as the screenwriter, Kenan also tackles the directorial duty. Lisa Henson, Jason Lust and India Osbourne, meanwhile, will serve as the producers. So far, no studio has acquired the rights to distribute the movie, but multiple sources revealed that Universal Pictures is a strong possibility.
After starring in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" which was released in the U.S. on June 29, LaBeouf has already had other projects in the near future. He has wrapped the production of a prohibition-era crime drama "The Wettest County in the World", which also stars Tom Hardy. Additionally, he is currently filming Robert Redford's forthcoming political film "The Company You Keep".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son