Adam Lambert's New Album Will Let People Underneath His Facade
Adam Lambert dishes on what he's currently working on for his upcoming sophomore set. In an interview with The Advocate for a cover story in its latest issue, the former "American Idol" contestant says the second album will be more personal than the first one.
Lambert furthermore teases that the new effort is going to be driven by vocal singer-songwriter tracks, electrofunk, and synth-pop in a "Nine Inch Nails meets George Michael" sort of way. He says, "I know that's a weird mash-up, but that's what it feels like."
He also reveals his view on his first album "For Your Entertainment". "The last album was a little bit more of a fantasy escape," he shares. "Even my image for that last album felt very theatrical and kind of over-the-top and intentionally tacky. I get a kick out of making artistic statements that are kind of ridiculous."
The fresh thing about the upcoming album is "it's going to let people underneath my facade a little bit - a self-created and totally admitted facade," he explains. "I'm trying to convey to my audience that you really can't judge a book by its cover, and there's more to the universe than you can see with your eyes. It's like existential pop."
Lambert recently gave update on the creative process of his new single. "Here's the deal: there have been a couple of creative set backs on the first single," he tweeted. "Mainly cuz I'm a perfectionist. Ha. Seems as though the single will explode in November. I'm sorry for the delay- but trust me, it's worth it."
The postponement of the album seemed to affect the release of the album as well. "We moved the album back because the creative process is still unfolding," RCA Records COO Tom Corson told THR. "[It's] not because we're not excited about what we've got, we just think we can top it, but we're right there on the cusp."
"As of now, album will be released in the spring. Feb/march?" Lambert informed his Twitter followers. He also posted snippets of lyrics which read, "Lost inside communication breakdown/ Better just read my lips/ Comin' in clearer when we get down/ Iceberg/ Just the tip" and "All along, I tried to pretend it didn't matter if I was alone."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie