Report: Selena Gomez in Extreme Fear After Receiving Serious Death Threats
Selena Gomez is in "extreme fear" for her life, it has been reported. According to TMZ, the former star of Disney Channel's "Wizards of Waverly Place" has been a target of serious death threats after Thomas Brodnicki, a man with a criminal history of stalking, told his psychiatrist he was going to kill her.
Believing that Thomas will carry out his plan if he isn't stopped, the 19-year-old songstress has filed for and obtained a restraining order against him. In the declarations, she and her lawyer Blair Berk stated that the 46-year-old was picked up for mental evaluation after he allegedly made threat to "scratch people's eyes out on the street."
During his mental evaluation, Thomas reportedly told the psychiatrist that he traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles to meet Selena and visited her workplace at least 3 times. Words are, he also admitted to have told people he had conversations with God about killing the girlfriend of Justin Bieber.
Court documents showed that Los Angeles Police Department are taking the threats "extremely seriously", considering that Thomas has had history of mental illness and making criminal threats. TMZ additionally noted that the LAPD's Threat Management Unit is currently investigating the case.
This is not the first time Selena received death threats. The "Monte Carlo" star got numerous death threats from Justin's fans after photos of her sharing intimate moments with the pop sensation surfaced in early January. She continued to be bombarded with the threats months later when more photos of her and Justin vacationing together came out.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'