'Sesame Street' YouTube Page Shut Down After Being Hacked With Porn
"Sesame Street" official YouTube channel has become the latest victim of online hacking. On Sunday, October 16, the contents of the page were replaced with pornographic videos, leading to the site being shut down temporarily.
Sesame Workshop has since released a statement to respond to the hacking. "We apologize for any inconvenience our audience may have experienced today on our Sesame Street YouTube channel," so the workshop wrote on its official Facebook account.
"Our channel was compromised and we are presently working with YouTube/Google to restore our original content. We always strive to provide age-appropriate content for our viewers and hope to resolve this problem quickly."
A representative for YouTube also addressed the situation, telling CNN that it has been working to remove the graphic contents as soon as possible. "YouTube's Community Guidelines prohibit graphic content," the representative stated. "As always, we remove inappropriate material as soon as we are made aware of it."
Shortly before the page was taken offline, a message posted on the channel mentioned two users responsible for the hacking. One user under the name MrEdxwx, however, has denied responsibility.
"I did not hack Sesame Street. I am an honest YouTuber," so the YouTube user posted on his account. "I work hard to make quality gameplay videos, and most important I respect the community guidelines."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'