'Sesame Street' YouTube Page Shut Down After Being Hacked With Porn
"Sesame Street" official YouTube channel has become the latest victim of online hacking. On Sunday, October 16, the contents of the page were replaced with pornographic videos, leading to the site being shut down temporarily.
Sesame Workshop has since released a statement to respond to the hacking. "We apologize for any inconvenience our audience may have experienced today on our Sesame Street YouTube channel," so the workshop wrote on its official Facebook account.
"Our channel was compromised and we are presently working with YouTube/Google to restore our original content. We always strive to provide age-appropriate content for our viewers and hope to resolve this problem quickly."
A representative for YouTube also addressed the situation, telling CNN that it has been working to remove the graphic contents as soon as possible. "YouTube's Community Guidelines prohibit graphic content," the representative stated. "As always, we remove inappropriate material as soon as we are made aware of it."
Shortly before the page was taken offline, a message posted on the channel mentioned two users responsible for the hacking. One user under the name MrEdxwx, however, has denied responsibility.
"I did not hack Sesame Street. I am an honest YouTuber," so the YouTube user posted on his account. "I work hard to make quality gameplay videos, and most important I respect the community guidelines."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance