Zachary Quinto Deeply Moved by Outpouring Support From Fans
Zachary Quinto is thankful for the support he received from fans after he publicly discussed his sexual orientation. The actor, who is famous for his portrayal of Sylar on "Heroes", came out as a gay man in a recent interview with New York magazine. After earning praises from fans for his decision, he took to Twitter to express his gratitude.
On Sunday, October 16, the 34-year-old wrote on his account that he was overwhelmed by the support. "i have spent the day in awe of this outpouring of support and resonance," so he tweeted. In the same posting, he added, "we. are. in. this. together. NEVER FORGET! i am deeply moved."
Zachary confirmed long-running speculation about his sexual orientation when talking about his homosexual role in "Angels in America" stage production. Calling the work the "most challenging thing I've ever done as an actor, and the most rewarding," he added, "At the same time, as a gay man, it made me feel like there's still so much work to be done, and there's still so many things that need to be looked at and addressed."
The "Star Trek" star later explained in a blog post on his official website that he was inspired to come out as gay after the highly publicized suicide of gay teen/bullied victim Jamey Rodemeyer. "when i found out that jamey rodemeyer killed himself - i felt deeply troubled," he began his blog.
"but when i found out that jamey rodemeyer had made an it gets better video only months before taking his own life - i felt indescribable despair," he continued. "in light of jamey's death - it became clear to me in an instant that living a gay life without publicly acknowledging it - is simply not enough to make any significant contribution to the immense work that lies ahead on the road to complete equality."
"i believe in the power of intention to change the landscape of our society - and it is my intention to live an authentic life of compassion and integrity and action. jamey rodemeyer's life changed mine. and while his death only makes me wish that i had done this sooner - i am eternally grateful to him for being the catalyst for change within me. now i can only hope to serve as the same catalyst for even one other person in this world."
More Zachary Quinto News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef