Zachary Quinto Deeply Moved by Outpouring Support From Fans
Zachary Quinto is thankful for the support he received from fans after he publicly discussed his sexual orientation. The actor, who is famous for his portrayal of Sylar on "Heroes", came out as a gay man in a recent interview with New York magazine. After earning praises from fans for his decision, he took to Twitter to express his gratitude.
On Sunday, October 16, the 34-year-old wrote on his account that he was overwhelmed by the support. "i have spent the day in awe of this outpouring of support and resonance," so he tweeted. In the same posting, he added, "we. are. in. this. together. NEVER FORGET! i am deeply moved."
Zachary confirmed long-running speculation about his sexual orientation when talking about his homosexual role in "Angels in America" stage production. Calling the work the "most challenging thing I've ever done as an actor, and the most rewarding," he added, "At the same time, as a gay man, it made me feel like there's still so much work to be done, and there's still so many things that need to be looked at and addressed."
The "Star Trek" star later explained in a blog post on his official website that he was inspired to come out as gay after the highly publicized suicide of gay teen/bullied victim Jamey Rodemeyer. "when i found out that jamey rodemeyer killed himself - i felt deeply troubled," he began his blog.
"but when i found out that jamey rodemeyer had made an it gets better video only months before taking his own life - i felt indescribable despair," he continued. "in light of jamey's death - it became clear to me in an instant that living a gay life without publicly acknowledging it - is simply not enough to make any significant contribution to the immense work that lies ahead on the road to complete equality."
"i believe in the power of intention to change the landscape of our society - and it is my intention to live an authentic life of compassion and integrity and action. jamey rodemeyer's life changed mine. and while his death only makes me wish that i had done this sooner - i am eternally grateful to him for being the catalyst for change within me. now i can only hope to serve as the same catalyst for even one other person in this world."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special