'Avengers' NYCC Footage: Black Widow Visits Bruce Banner in His Hiding Place
Marvel has brought out a brand new sneak peek at "The Avengers" during the movie's panel at 2011 New York Comic Con on Saturday, October 15. Instead of presenting action-packed scenes, the studio unveiled a footage that centers on Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner a.k.a the Hulk and Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow.
Set in what seems to be India, where Banner has been hiding for the last two years, the video gives away Banner's encounter with Romanoff who is sent by Nick Fury to get him back into the action. "For a man trying to avoid stress, you picked a hell of a place to hide," she tells Banner. "We never lost you."
Though he trusts Fury, Banner doesn't quickly take the offer. "What if I say 'no'? What if the other guy says no?" he asks as referring to the Hulk. In her response, Romanoff tries to convince him by saying, "You've been two years without an incident, I don't think you want to break that streak."
Romanoff then explains that S.H.I.E.L.D. needs Banner because he is an expert in gamma radiation. The organization thinks that he can fix the gamma signal that is used to track the Tesseract which has the potential to "wipe out the planet." But, Banner thinks that Fury wants him to be locked "in a cage", and starts to lose his temper.
Feeling threatened, Romanoff pulls a gun on Banner, leading him to apologize, "I'm sorry that's mean," and ask her to put the gun down. It is then revealed that Romanoff actually has plenty of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents surrounding Banner's place as she sends a command for them to stand down through her communicator.
During the panel, Ruffalo said that he has the blessing from Edward Norton, who plays Banner in the 2008's "The Incredible Hulk, to tackle the character in "Avengers". He recalled that Norton told him, "I feel like Bruce Banner is our generation's Hamlet. Eventually, everyone's going to play him."
Other cast members who were also in attendance were Chris Evans, Clark Gregg, Tom Hiddleston, Cobie Smulders and producer Kevin Feige. Directed by Joss Whedon, "The Avengers" itself also stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Samuel L. Jackson. The movie is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on May 4, 2012.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video