Exhaustion Blamed for Tone Loc's On-Stage Collapse in Atlanta
Less than two weeks after pleading no contest to battery and firearms charges, Tone Loc is making headlines once again. The "Funky Cold Medina" rapper collapsed on stage during a show in Atlanta on Saturday, October 15 night, and his manager blamed exhaustion for his health issues.
Following his episode, Loc was taken to a nearby hospital and given an IV. His manager told TMZ that the 45-year-old was merely suffering from exhaustion following 12 concerts in two months, but assured he is doing fine now. The gossip site, however, noted that the MC was doing an average of one concert every five days.
TMZ additionally claimed to have received e-mails from several concert-goers suggesting that Loc suffered from a seizure. If it is true, it would not be the rapper's first in public. In 2009, he collapsed during an outdoor performance in Pensacola Beach, Florida, and a spokesman for the Escambia County Sheriff's Department said at the time, it appeared he had a seizure because of overheating.
Loc wasn't the only rapper making headlines for health issues this week. On Friday, October 14, Rick Ross suffered from two seizures while on a flight to Memphis. The "You the Boss" rapper's first health scare happened while he was on a Delta Air Lines flight, leading to him being admitted to a Florida hospital.
After being discharged, Ross assured fans that he is fine by posting a video of himself boarding a second flight to Memphis. He, however, suffered yet another seizure while on the flight, forcing his private jet to make emergency landing in Birmingham.
Tone Loc's Performance Before Collapsing:
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer