'Amazing Race' Week 4 Recap: Useless Sailors and Lucky Twins
It's another non-elimination leg on "The Amazing Race". In the fourth episode which aired Sunday, October 16, the remaining eight teams flew from Yogyakarta to Jakarta, Indonesia where they would continue their trip to Phuket, Thailand.
Laurence and Zac as well as Andy and Tommy, who were actually leading, made a bad flight planning so they arrived one hour later than the other teams. However, the dock where their next clue was located did not open until 8 A.M., so all of the teams were in an equal position at this point.
When the dock opened, the teams got the clue for Detour. They must choose between Coral Reconstruction, where they had to build a coral nursery out of pipes, and Beach Preparation, where they had to set up 20 beach chairs and 10 umbrellas. The challenges were arranged to help revitalize the area which was hit by 2004 tsunami.
Winds made it harder to complete the Beach Preparation. Liz and Marie, who boasted about being former beach lifeguards, got a lot of trouble opening the chairs and setting up the umbrellas. Meanwhile, Armani and Marcus as well as Jeremy and Sandy found the Coral Reconstruction was too hard so they decided to switch task.
Despite a strong current that became an obstacle in the coral reef task, Andy and Tommy completed the challenge first and got a compass and a medalion which led them to the next destination. Once arriving there, they faced Roadblock where one of each team must rock the climb and find the next clue in a bird nest.
Andy easily climbed the rock and got the clue, which told them to go to Koh Panyi, a floating fishing village which was the Pit Stop. For the third time in a row, he and Tommy won the leg. This time, they got $5,000 each. Justin and Jennifer were team number two, followed by Jeremy and Sandy.
Surprisingly, sailors Laurence and Zac got lost on their way to the Pit Stop. "What a bunch of useless sailors we are," Laurence admitted. They father/son duo arrived on the fourth place, followed by Ernie and Cindy who were also heading to the wrong direction at first. Armani and Marcus were team number six, while Bill and Cathi were the seventh team to arrive.
Liz and Marie arrived the last and had prepared themselves to get eliminated. "It's like riding to our death," said one of the girls. However, host Phil Keoghan gave the good news to them that no one would be sent home in this leg.
In next week's episode, the race will continue in Bangkok, Thailand. Liz and Marie will start at the last place and they also get a Speed Bump as punishment.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant