Coldplay's New Song 'Princess of China' Ft. Rihanna Surfaces
Coldplay and Rihanna's studio hookup "Princess of China" has been made available for listening pleasure. Chris Martin and Riri are taking turn in narrating a tale of two broken hearts while the other members of the British band provide the backsound in a form of synth beat.
The husband of Gwyneth Paltrow kicks in the track, "Once upon a time we fell apart/ You were holding in your hands the two halves of my heart." The ex-girlfriend of Chris Brown then gives her side of story, "Once upon a time we were burning bright/ Now all we ever seem to do is fight."
Despite the difference, Martin and Riri agree that "once upon a time [they're] on the same side." The Barbados songstress continues to bares all of her regret in the next lines, cooing, "You could have been the princess, I'd be a king/ Could have had a castle and wore a ring/ But, no-oooh, you let me go-oooh."
"Princess of China" is taken from Coldplay's upcoming album "Mylo Xyloto" which is due in the United States on October 25. Talking about Riri's verses, Chris once told MTV that "her bit on the record is his favorite bit." He explained, "When the song came out, it sort of asked for her to be on it."
"And I think at this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we've been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music. Because from where we're sitting, it seems like you can try and sound any way you like nowadays. You don't have to be in a rock box or a hip-hop box or a pop box, and I think it's fun when you embrace that idea."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch