Coldplay's New Song 'Princess of China' Ft. Rihanna Surfaces
Coldplay and Rihanna's studio hookup "Princess of China" has been made available for listening pleasure. Chris Martin and Riri are taking turn in narrating a tale of two broken hearts while the other members of the British band provide the backsound in a form of synth beat.
The husband of Gwyneth Paltrow kicks in the track, "Once upon a time we fell apart/ You were holding in your hands the two halves of my heart." The ex-girlfriend of Chris Brown then gives her side of story, "Once upon a time we were burning bright/ Now all we ever seem to do is fight."
Despite the difference, Martin and Riri agree that "once upon a time [they're] on the same side." The Barbados songstress continues to bares all of her regret in the next lines, cooing, "You could have been the princess, I'd be a king/ Could have had a castle and wore a ring/ But, no-oooh, you let me go-oooh."
"Princess of China" is taken from Coldplay's upcoming album "Mylo Xyloto" which is due in the United States on October 25. Talking about Riri's verses, Chris once told MTV that "her bit on the record is his favorite bit." He explained, "When the song came out, it sort of asked for her to be on it."
"And I think at this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we've been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music. Because from where we're sitting, it seems like you can try and sound any way you like nowadays. You don't have to be in a rock box or a hip-hop box or a pop box, and I think it's fun when you embrace that idea."
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown