Coldplay's New Song 'Princess of China' Ft. Rihanna Surfaces
Coldplay and Rihanna's studio hookup "Princess of China" has been made available for listening pleasure. Chris Martin and Riri are taking turn in narrating a tale of two broken hearts while the other members of the British band provide the backsound in a form of synth beat.
The husband of Gwyneth Paltrow kicks in the track, "Once upon a time we fell apart/ You were holding in your hands the two halves of my heart." The ex-girlfriend of Chris Brown then gives her side of story, "Once upon a time we were burning bright/ Now all we ever seem to do is fight."
Despite the difference, Martin and Riri agree that "once upon a time [they're] on the same side." The Barbados songstress continues to bares all of her regret in the next lines, cooing, "You could have been the princess, I'd be a king/ Could have had a castle and wore a ring/ But, no-oooh, you let me go-oooh."
"Princess of China" is taken from Coldplay's upcoming album "Mylo Xyloto" which is due in the United States on October 25. Talking about Riri's verses, Chris once told MTV that "her bit on the record is his favorite bit." He explained, "When the song came out, it sort of asked for her to be on it."
"And I think at this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we've been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music. Because from where we're sitting, it seems like you can try and sound any way you like nowadays. You don't have to be in a rock box or a hip-hop box or a pop box, and I think it's fun when you embrace that idea."
More Coldplay News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'