Sonic Youth Rockers End Marriage After 27 Years
Sonic Youth couple Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have announced that they are no longer together in marriage. The rockers decide to go their own ways after 27 years of marriage and one kid.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that (November) tour are uncertain," read a statement on the band's official site. "The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
There are five more dates in their tours which kicks off with November 5 show in Buenos Aires, Argentina and concludes on November 14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Kim and Thurston met and formed the band CKM before finding Sonic Youth in 1981. "I guess it was love at first sight," Kim said in the 2001 book "Our Band Could Be Your Life." They tied the knot in 1984 and have 17-year-old daughter named Coco who is also a band's singer.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones