Sonic Youth Rockers End Marriage After 27 Years
Sonic Youth couple Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have announced that they are no longer together in marriage. The rockers decide to go their own ways after 27 years of marriage and one kid.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that (November) tour are uncertain," read a statement on the band's official site. "The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
There are five more dates in their tours which kicks off with November 5 show in Buenos Aires, Argentina and concludes on November 14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Kim and Thurston met and formed the band CKM before finding Sonic Youth in 1981. "I guess it was love at first sight," Kim said in the 2001 book "Our Band Could Be Your Life." They tied the knot in 1984 and have 17-year-old daughter named Coco who is also a band's singer.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage