Sonic Youth Rockers End Marriage After 27 Years
Sonic Youth couple Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have announced that they are no longer together in marriage. The rockers decide to go their own ways after 27 years of marriage and one kid.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that (November) tour are uncertain," read a statement on the band's official site. "The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
There are five more dates in their tours which kicks off with November 5 show in Buenos Aires, Argentina and concludes on November 14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Kim and Thurston met and formed the band CKM before finding Sonic Youth in 1981. "I guess it was love at first sight," Kim said in the 2001 book "Our Band Could Be Your Life." They tied the knot in 1984 and have 17-year-old daughter named Coco who is also a band's singer.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale