Sonic Youth Rockers End Marriage After 27 Years
Sonic Youth couple Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have announced that they are no longer together in marriage. The rockers decide to go their own ways after 27 years of marriage and one kid.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that (November) tour are uncertain," read a statement on the band's official site. "The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
There are five more dates in their tours which kicks off with November 5 show in Buenos Aires, Argentina and concludes on November 14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Kim and Thurston met and formed the band CKM before finding Sonic Youth in 1981. "I guess it was love at first sight," Kim said in the 2001 book "Our Band Could Be Your Life." They tied the knot in 1984 and have 17-year-old daughter named Coco who is also a band's singer.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story