Ryan Phillippe Scores 'Damages' Major Role
Ryan Phillippe will lend his star power to "Damages". The Greg Marinovich of "The Bang Bang Club" has been cast for a major role in the upcoming fifth and final season of the legal thriller series.
According to TVLine, 37-year-old Phillippe will portray a corporate whistle-blower like Julian Assange who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help in his courtroom cause. This marks the "Cruel Intentions" actor's first regular TV gig since he played gay teen Billy Douglas on "One Life to Live" in early 1990s.
The new season of "Damages" is expected to start airing in summer 2012 on DirecTV. The Glenn Close-starring courtroom drama has previouly snatched John Goodman, Ted Danson, William Hurt, Martin Short and Lily Tomlin as guest stars.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake