Ryan Phillippe Scores 'Damages' Major Role
Ryan Phillippe will lend his star power to "Damages". The Greg Marinovich of "The Bang Bang Club" has been cast for a major role in the upcoming fifth and final season of the legal thriller series.
According to TVLine, 37-year-old Phillippe will portray a corporate whistle-blower like Julian Assange who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help in his courtroom cause. This marks the "Cruel Intentions" actor's first regular TV gig since he played gay teen Billy Douglas on "One Life to Live" in early 1990s.
The new season of "Damages" is expected to start airing in summer 2012 on DirecTV. The Glenn Close-starring courtroom drama has previouly snatched John Goodman, Ted Danson, William Hurt, Martin Short and Lily Tomlin as guest stars.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie