Ryan Phillippe Scores 'Damages' Major Role
Ryan Phillippe will lend his star power to "Damages". The Greg Marinovich of "The Bang Bang Club" has been cast for a major role in the upcoming fifth and final season of the legal thriller series.
According to TVLine, 37-year-old Phillippe will portray a corporate whistle-blower like Julian Assange who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help in his courtroom cause. This marks the "Cruel Intentions" actor's first regular TV gig since he played gay teen Billy Douglas on "One Life to Live" in early 1990s.
The new season of "Damages" is expected to start airing in summer 2012 on DirecTV. The Glenn Close-starring courtroom drama has previouly snatched John Goodman, Ted Danson, William Hurt, Martin Short and Lily Tomlin as guest stars.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer