Ryan Phillippe Scores 'Damages' Major Role
Ryan Phillippe will lend his star power to "Damages". The Greg Marinovich of "The Bang Bang Club" has been cast for a major role in the upcoming fifth and final season of the legal thriller series.
According to TVLine, 37-year-old Phillippe will portray a corporate whistle-blower like Julian Assange who turns to Ellen (Rose Byrne) for help in his courtroom cause. This marks the "Cruel Intentions" actor's first regular TV gig since he played gay teen Billy Douglas on "One Life to Live" in early 1990s.
The new season of "Damages" is expected to start airing in summer 2012 on DirecTV. The Glenn Close-starring courtroom drama has previouly snatched John Goodman, Ted Danson, William Hurt, Martin Short and Lily Tomlin as guest stars.
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72