'Great Gatsby' to Open Against 'Django Unchained' on Christmas Day
Leonardo DiCaprio will have two of his films released on Christmas day in 2012. Warner Bros. Pictures has just announced on Friday, October 14 that "The Great Gatsby" is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on December 25 next year, the same day when Leo's other film "Django Unchained" will be released.
Directed and written by Baz Luhrmann, "The Great Gatsby" is currently still filming in Australia. Leo is set to play opposite Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton. While "Gatsby" is already shooting, Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" has not begun the production yet.
"The Great Gatsby" follows Tobey's Nick Carraway, a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the summer of 1922 to learn about the bond business. His neighbor in West Egg, N.Y. is a mysterious man named Jay Gatsby, played by Leo, who lives in a gigantic Gothic mansion and throws extravagant parties every Saturday night.
Leo is not the only actor who has two of his movies released just in time for Christmas. His "Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey will also appear twice in cinemas in December next year. Tobey's "Life of Pi", which is helmed by Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, is set to hit theaters four days before Christmas on December 21.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne