'Great Gatsby' to Open Against 'Django Unchained' on Christmas Day
Leonardo DiCaprio will have two of his films released on Christmas day in 2012. Warner Bros. Pictures has just announced on Friday, October 14 that "The Great Gatsby" is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on December 25 next year, the same day when Leo's other film "Django Unchained" will be released.
Directed and written by Baz Luhrmann, "The Great Gatsby" is currently still filming in Australia. Leo is set to play opposite Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton. While "Gatsby" is already shooting, Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" has not begun the production yet.
"The Great Gatsby" follows Tobey's Nick Carraway, a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the summer of 1922 to learn about the bond business. His neighbor in West Egg, N.Y. is a mysterious man named Jay Gatsby, played by Leo, who lives in a gigantic Gothic mansion and throws extravagant parties every Saturday night.
Leo is not the only actor who has two of his movies released just in time for Christmas. His "Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey will also appear twice in cinemas in December next year. Tobey's "Life of Pi", which is helmed by Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, is set to hit theaters four days before Christmas on December 21.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'