'Great Gatsby' to Open Against 'Django Unchained' on Christmas Day
Leonardo DiCaprio will have two of his films released on Christmas day in 2012. Warner Bros. Pictures has just announced on Friday, October 14 that "The Great Gatsby" is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on December 25 next year, the same day when Leo's other film "Django Unchained" will be released.
Directed and written by Baz Luhrmann, "The Great Gatsby" is currently still filming in Australia. Leo is set to play opposite Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton. While "Gatsby" is already shooting, Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" has not begun the production yet.
"The Great Gatsby" follows Tobey's Nick Carraway, a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the summer of 1922 to learn about the bond business. His neighbor in West Egg, N.Y. is a mysterious man named Jay Gatsby, played by Leo, who lives in a gigantic Gothic mansion and throws extravagant parties every Saturday night.
Leo is not the only actor who has two of his movies released just in time for Christmas. His "Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey will also appear twice in cinemas in December next year. Tobey's "Life of Pi", which is helmed by Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, is set to hit theaters four days before Christmas on December 21.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns