'Dallas' Star Larry Hagman Diagnosed With 'Treatable Form' of Cancer
"Dallas" star Larry Hagman is battling cancer. The 80-year-old actor, who is famous for playing villainous J.R. Ewing on the 1980s prime-time soap opera, revealed in a statement released on Friday, October 14 that he has been diagnosed with "a very common and treatable form of cancer."
"As J.R. I could get away with anything - bribery, blackmail and adultery. But I got caught by cancer," said the "I Dream of Jeannie" actor who had battled cancer before. In the mid-1990s, he underwent a liver transplant due to cirrhosis of the liver. While he made public his recent battle with cancer, he didn't elaborate on what type of cancer he has.
Despite the diagnosis, Larry will go ahead with the work on TNT's "Dallas" reboot, which begins production Monday, October 17. "I will be receiving treatment while working on the new Dallas series," he said. "I could not think of a better place to be than working on a show I love, with people I love. Besides, as we all know, you can't keep J.R. down!"
Warner Horizon Television, TNT and those working on the new "Dallas" have expressed their complete support for Larry. In a joint statement, they said, "We look forward to watching Larry once again work his magic by bringing one of television's most interesting, complex and controversial characters back to the screen in the new Dallas series."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?