News of Robert Pattinson Playing in 'American Idiot' Resurfaces
There's a chance that Robert Pattinson may be recognized as "American Idiot" next. A big-screen adaptation of the Green Day album slash Broadway musical is being developed with Pattinson slated to play the male lead, Christian.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has actually mentioned Pattinson's name in a 2009 interview with Spinner.com but the news surfaces again after VH1's "Pop Up Video" revived it. Running a version of the rock band's "21 Guns" music video, the music channel wrote in one of the bubbles, "Hollywood is trying to turn it into a movie ...Billie Joe has said that his first choice to play the main character: Robert Pattinson."
The movie is still in pre-production stage with no actors attached. It is based on Green Day's 2004 song "American Idiot" that tells the coming-of-age story of three small-town guys. The movie is expected to hit theaters in 2013.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival