News of Robert Pattinson Playing in 'American Idiot' Resurfaces
There's a chance that Robert Pattinson may be recognized as "American Idiot" next. A big-screen adaptation of the Green Day album slash Broadway musical is being developed with Pattinson slated to play the male lead, Christian.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has actually mentioned Pattinson's name in a 2009 interview with Spinner.com but the news surfaces again after VH1's "Pop Up Video" revived it. Running a version of the rock band's "21 Guns" music video, the music channel wrote in one of the bubbles, "Hollywood is trying to turn it into a movie ...Billie Joe has said that his first choice to play the main character: Robert Pattinson."
The movie is still in pre-production stage with no actors attached. It is based on Green Day's 2004 song "American Idiot" that tells the coming-of-age story of three small-town guys. The movie is expected to hit theaters in 2013.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie