News of Robert Pattinson Playing in 'American Idiot' Resurfaces
There's a chance that Robert Pattinson may be recognized as "American Idiot" next. A big-screen adaptation of the Green Day album slash Broadway musical is being developed with Pattinson slated to play the male lead, Christian.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has actually mentioned Pattinson's name in a 2009 interview with Spinner.com but the news surfaces again after VH1's "Pop Up Video" revived it. Running a version of the rock band's "21 Guns" music video, the music channel wrote in one of the bubbles, "Hollywood is trying to turn it into a movie ...Billie Joe has said that his first choice to play the main character: Robert Pattinson."
The movie is still in pre-production stage with no actors attached. It is based on Green Day's 2004 song "American Idiot" that tells the coming-of-age story of three small-town guys. The movie is expected to hit theaters in 2013.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed