News of Robert Pattinson Playing in 'American Idiot' Resurfaces
There's a chance that Robert Pattinson may be recognized as "American Idiot" next. A big-screen adaptation of the Green Day album slash Broadway musical is being developed with Pattinson slated to play the male lead, Christian.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has actually mentioned Pattinson's name in a 2009 interview with Spinner.com but the news surfaces again after VH1's "Pop Up Video" revived it. Running a version of the rock band's "21 Guns" music video, the music channel wrote in one of the bubbles, "Hollywood is trying to turn it into a movie ...Billie Joe has said that his first choice to play the main character: Robert Pattinson."
The movie is still in pre-production stage with no actors attached. It is based on Green Day's 2004 song "American Idiot" that tells the coming-of-age story of three small-town guys. The movie is expected to hit theaters in 2013.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video