News of Robert Pattinson Playing in 'American Idiot' Resurfaces
There's a chance that Robert Pattinson may be recognized as "American Idiot" next. A big-screen adaptation of the Green Day album slash Broadway musical is being developed with Pattinson slated to play the male lead, Christian.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong has actually mentioned Pattinson's name in a 2009 interview with Spinner.com but the news surfaces again after VH1's "Pop Up Video" revived it. Running a version of the rock band's "21 Guns" music video, the music channel wrote in one of the bubbles, "Hollywood is trying to turn it into a movie ...Billie Joe has said that his first choice to play the main character: Robert Pattinson."
The movie is still in pre-production stage with no actors attached. It is based on Green Day's 2004 song "American Idiot" that tells the coming-of-age story of three small-town guys. The movie is expected to hit theaters in 2013.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'