Lady GaGa Successfully Prevents Her Spoof From Releasing Single
Lady GaGa has won an injunction against a British company called Mind Candy which promotes a popular website Moshi Monters. The singer is not pleased that a character in the website named Lady Goo Goo is parodied after her, claiming the spoof would likely cause consumer confusion.
As a result of her victory at the London High Court, Mind Candy is prevented from "promoting, advertising, selling, distributing or otherwise making available to the public The Moshi Dance or any musical work or video which purports to be performed by a character by the name of Lady Goo Goo, or which otherwise uses the name Lady Goo Goo or any variant thereon."
Lady Goo Goo is a blond animated baby wearing black shades who appears in The Moshi Dance. In it she sings such lyrics as "my stroller's pretty and my diapers are silk, I throw my toys out if I don't get my milk" and "my crazy outfits seem to shock."
Founder of Mind Candy, Michael Acton Smith, is disappointed with the court ruling because he believes kids aged 6-12 can tell the difference between Lady Goo Goo and GaGa. "The shame is that millions of kids fell in love with Lady Goo Goo's debut single on YouTube and now won't be able to enjoy her musical exploits. It was all done in the name of fun and we would have thought that Lady Gaga could have seen the humor behind this parody," he said.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2