Britney Spears to Premiere Controversial 'Criminal' Video Next Week
Britney Spears is going to unleash her much-awaited music video for her latest single "Criminal" sometime soon. The southern belle recently shared to her Twitter followers that she's going to release the clip in the third week of October
"Can't wait for you guys to see it next week," Britney wrote on Thursday, October 13. The mother of two furthermore teased, "Just saw the final cut of the Criminal video we shot in London," before hyping it up by adding, "It's so hot."
Britney filmed the clip in the Hackney borough which was wounded during the riot over the summer. She's criticized for carrying a gun during the video shoot. "It's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in," a member of London's Hackney Council said.
In response to the protest, Britney issued a defensive statement insisting that she didn't mean to offend anyone. "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened," a representative for her explained.
More Britney Spears News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media