Britney Spears to Premiere Controversial 'Criminal' Video Next Week
Britney Spears is going to unleash her much-awaited music video for her latest single "Criminal" sometime soon. The southern belle recently shared to her Twitter followers that she's going to release the clip in the third week of October
"Can't wait for you guys to see it next week," Britney wrote on Thursday, October 13. The mother of two furthermore teased, "Just saw the final cut of the Criminal video we shot in London," before hyping it up by adding, "It's so hot."
Britney filmed the clip in the Hackney borough which was wounded during the riot over the summer. She's criticized for carrying a gun during the video shoot. "It's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in," a member of London's Hackney Council said.
In response to the protest, Britney issued a defensive statement insisting that she didn't mean to offend anyone. "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened," a representative for her explained.
More Britney Spears News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video