Britney Spears to Premiere Controversial 'Criminal' Video Next Week
Britney Spears is going to unleash her much-awaited music video for her latest single "Criminal" sometime soon. The southern belle recently shared to her Twitter followers that she's going to release the clip in the third week of October
"Can't wait for you guys to see it next week," Britney wrote on Thursday, October 13. The mother of two furthermore teased, "Just saw the final cut of the Criminal video we shot in London," before hyping it up by adding, "It's so hot."
Britney filmed the clip in the Hackney borough which was wounded during the riot over the summer. She's criticized for carrying a gun during the video shoot. "It's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in," a member of London's Hackney Council said.
In response to the protest, Britney issued a defensive statement insisting that she didn't mean to offend anyone. "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened," a representative for her explained.
More Britney Spears News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels