Britney Spears to Premiere Controversial 'Criminal' Video Next Week
Britney Spears is going to unleash her much-awaited music video for her latest single "Criminal" sometime soon. The southern belle recently shared to her Twitter followers that she's going to release the clip in the third week of October
"Can't wait for you guys to see it next week," Britney wrote on Thursday, October 13. The mother of two furthermore teased, "Just saw the final cut of the Criminal video we shot in London," before hyping it up by adding, "It's so hot."
Britney filmed the clip in the Hackney borough which was wounded during the riot over the summer. She's criticized for carrying a gun during the video shoot. "It's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in," a member of London's Hackney Council said.
In response to the protest, Britney issued a defensive statement insisting that she didn't mean to offend anyone. "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened," a representative for her explained.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'