Britney Spears to Premiere Controversial 'Criminal' Video Next Week
Britney Spears is going to unleash her much-awaited music video for her latest single "Criminal" sometime soon. The southern belle recently shared to her Twitter followers that she's going to release the clip in the third week of October
"Can't wait for you guys to see it next week," Britney wrote on Thursday, October 13. The mother of two furthermore teased, "Just saw the final cut of the Criminal video we shot in London," before hyping it up by adding, "It's so hot."
Britney filmed the clip in the Hackney borough which was wounded during the riot over the summer. She's criticized for carrying a gun during the video shoot. "It's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in," a member of London's Hackney Council said.
In response to the protest, Britney issued a defensive statement insisting that she didn't mean to offend anyone. "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened," a representative for her explained.
More Britney Spears News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch