Kelsey Grammer Clarifies Report of Him Lashing Out at TV Producer
Kelsey Grammer is setting the record straight on report of him losing his temper backstage. The Herald Sun reported earlier that the former "Frasier" star was heard screaming profanities at "Sunrise" entertainment producer Mark Beirne after he was asked about his marriage to ex-wife Camille Donatacci, but his representative begged to differ.
According to the rep, the 56-year-old actor was not ticked off by the questions about Camille. It was rather the airing of some clips from "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" during the interview. "The Sunrise show thought it was appropriate to show clips of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' with Camille commenting on Kelsey," said the rep.
To make matter worse, Kelsey's current wife Kayte Walsh was also present. "This was done in front of Kelsey's wife Kayte," his representative explained. "Kelsey felt that was not only rude, but out of line. He asked to speak directly to the producer about this and when the producer refused, he tried calling him."
Kelsey was visiting Australian morning TV show "Sunrise" on Tuesday, October 11 when he was asked about his former marriage to Camille by hosts David Koch and Natalie Barr. While he appeared to be calm during the interview, the actor allegedly launched a backstage tirade immediately after coming off air.
Sources told Herald Sun that the "I Don't Know How She Does It" actor called entertainment producer Mark and began hurling profanities in addition to "abusing" him for airing footage of him and Camille in better times. "You are a vile person ... a sick dog ... your life must be tragic ... I feel sorry for you," he reportedly screamed.
During the interview itself, Kelsey said that the "Real Housewives" was his parting gift to Camille. "Well it's bound to be what they do," he said. "In my mind that was my parting gift to her after a very difficult marriage and a very difficult decade. I thought maybe, 'So long, here's a little present for ya.' "
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences