OutKast's Big Boi Accepts Plea Deal in Drug Case to Avoid Jail Time
Big Boi is likely to avoid jail time following his August arrest. Appearing in a Miami courtroom on Thursday, October 13, the one-half of Hip-Hop duo OutKast accepted a deal that would result in the dropping of the two felony drug possession charges he faces.
As part of the agreement, the 36-year-old rapper, who has won six Grammys with OutKast, has to undergo three months of drug testing. He is also required to perform 30 hours of community service and make a $2,000 charitable donation. If he remains drug-free and stays out of trouble after three months, his charges will be dismissed, prosecutors said.
Hours after his court appearance, the "Shutterbugg" rapper took to his Twitter to share a piece of his mind over the plea deal. "It's a PEE deal, Not a Plea deal," so he wrote. "The associated press got it wrong." In the same tweet, he also gave a shout out to his attorney, "Big Daniel Kane worked it out, Stank You."
Big Boy was arrested in Miami on August 7. He was exiting a cruise ship when a K-9 dog alerted to drugs he was carrying. According to authorities, the substances found included ten-and-a-half Viagra pills, three pills of suspected Ecstasy, a cigarette roller with marijuana residue and 5.7 grams of MDMA powder.
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson