OutKast's Big Boi Accepts Plea Deal in Drug Case to Avoid Jail Time
Big Boi is likely to avoid jail time following his August arrest. Appearing in a Miami courtroom on Thursday, October 13, the one-half of Hip-Hop duo OutKast accepted a deal that would result in the dropping of the two felony drug possession charges he faces.
As part of the agreement, the 36-year-old rapper, who has won six Grammys with OutKast, has to undergo three months of drug testing. He is also required to perform 30 hours of community service and make a $2,000 charitable donation. If he remains drug-free and stays out of trouble after three months, his charges will be dismissed, prosecutors said.
Hours after his court appearance, the "Shutterbugg" rapper took to his Twitter to share a piece of his mind over the plea deal. "It's a PEE deal, Not a Plea deal," so he wrote. "The associated press got it wrong." In the same tweet, he also gave a shout out to his attorney, "Big Daniel Kane worked it out, Stank You."
Big Boy was arrested in Miami on August 7. He was exiting a cruise ship when a K-9 dog alerted to drugs he was carrying. According to authorities, the substances found included ten-and-a-half Viagra pills, three pills of suspected Ecstasy, a cigarette roller with marijuana residue and 5.7 grams of MDMA powder.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes