OutKast's Big Boi Accepts Plea Deal in Drug Case to Avoid Jail Time
Big Boi is likely to avoid jail time following his August arrest. Appearing in a Miami courtroom on Thursday, October 13, the one-half of Hip-Hop duo OutKast accepted a deal that would result in the dropping of the two felony drug possession charges he faces.
As part of the agreement, the 36-year-old rapper, who has won six Grammys with OutKast, has to undergo three months of drug testing. He is also required to perform 30 hours of community service and make a $2,000 charitable donation. If he remains drug-free and stays out of trouble after three months, his charges will be dismissed, prosecutors said.
Hours after his court appearance, the "Shutterbugg" rapper took to his Twitter to share a piece of his mind over the plea deal. "It's a PEE deal, Not a Plea deal," so he wrote. "The associated press got it wrong." In the same tweet, he also gave a shout out to his attorney, "Big Daniel Kane worked it out, Stank You."
Big Boy was arrested in Miami on August 7. He was exiting a cruise ship when a K-9 dog alerted to drugs he was carrying. According to authorities, the substances found included ten-and-a-half Viagra pills, three pills of suspected Ecstasy, a cigarette roller with marijuana residue and 5.7 grams of MDMA powder.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch