Celebrity Photos Hacker Said It Was 'Addiction'
Celebrity phone and e-mail hacker Christopher Chaney admits in a video that he can't stop himself from prying into private lives of the rich and famous. The 35-year-old Jacksonville native said that he was actually "relieved" when the FBI caught him on Wednesday, October 12
Chaney insisted that he did not hack celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis to blackmail. So when asked why he did it, the cyber criminal said it "started as curiosity and it turned to just being addictive. Seeing the behind-the-scenes of what's going on with the people you see on the big screen."
Speaking further to "Action News Jacksonville", Chaney admitted that he felt almost relieved when the FBI found him and took the computers away. He has posted bail but as part of his release conditions, Chaney is to live with third party custodians and not to use any computer or other device with Internet access.
"I deeply apologize," he said. "I know what I did was probably the worst invasion of privacy someone could experience. I'm not trying to escape what I did. It was wrong. And I have to just face that and go forward."
Chaney is due to be back in court on Friday. If convicted of all charges, he could face 121 years in prison.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings