Celebrity Photos Hacker Said It Was 'Addiction'
Celebrity phone and e-mail hacker Christopher Chaney admits in a video that he can't stop himself from prying into private lives of the rich and famous. The 35-year-old Jacksonville native said that he was actually "relieved" when the FBI caught him on Wednesday, October 12
Chaney insisted that he did not hack celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis to blackmail. So when asked why he did it, the cyber criminal said it "started as curiosity and it turned to just being addictive. Seeing the behind-the-scenes of what's going on with the people you see on the big screen."
Speaking further to "Action News Jacksonville", Chaney admitted that he felt almost relieved when the FBI found him and took the computers away. He has posted bail but as part of his release conditions, Chaney is to live with third party custodians and not to use any computer or other device with Internet access.
"I deeply apologize," he said. "I know what I did was probably the worst invasion of privacy someone could experience. I'm not trying to escape what I did. It was wrong. And I have to just face that and go forward."
Chaney is due to be back in court on Friday. If convicted of all charges, he could face 121 years in prison.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'