Celebrity Photos Hacker Said It Was 'Addiction'
Celebrity phone and e-mail hacker Christopher Chaney admits in a video that he can't stop himself from prying into private lives of the rich and famous. The 35-year-old Jacksonville native said that he was actually "relieved" when the FBI caught him on Wednesday, October 12
Chaney insisted that he did not hack celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis to blackmail. So when asked why he did it, the cyber criminal said it "started as curiosity and it turned to just being addictive. Seeing the behind-the-scenes of what's going on with the people you see on the big screen."
Speaking further to "Action News Jacksonville", Chaney admitted that he felt almost relieved when the FBI found him and took the computers away. He has posted bail but as part of his release conditions, Chaney is to live with third party custodians and not to use any computer or other device with Internet access.
"I deeply apologize," he said. "I know what I did was probably the worst invasion of privacy someone could experience. I'm not trying to escape what I did. It was wrong. And I have to just face that and go forward."
Chaney is due to be back in court on Friday. If convicted of all charges, he could face 121 years in prison.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?