Whitney Houston Nearly Being Kicked Off a Flight for Refusing to Buckle Up
Being one of the world's best-selling music artists doesn't mean that Whitney Houston can go against safety procedure. According to TMZ, the "It's Not Right but It's Okay" singer recently came close to being the latest celebrity who got booted off a flight. Words are, it was simply because she refused to buckle her seatbelt.
On Wednesday, October 12 afternoon, the 48-year-old singer boarded a Delta Airlines flight in Atlanta. After she settled into her seat, she was told to buckle up. The "Greatest Love of All" hitmaker, however, acted like a diva and refused to do so. It wasn't until she got a warning from another crew member that she let a crew member to fasten her seatbelt.
Explaining the antics, sources close to Whitney reasoned that the six-time Grammy winner "overreacted a little bit after missing an earlier flight". Those sources assured that the singer's "still 100% sober," before adding that she "was on the way to Detroit for her first day of shooting a new movie."
While Whitney escaped the humiliation of being kicked off a flight, Gerard Depardieu and Leisha Hailey didn't share similar luck. Gerard was removed from an Air France flight from Paris to Dublin in August for pissing on the plane's carpet right in front of other passengers, and Leisha got the boot from a Southwest Airlines flight in September allegedly for kissing her girlfriend.
More Whitney Houston News
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'