Video: Nicki Minaj Joins Little Sophia Grace to Rap 'Super Bass' on 'Ellen'
Nicki Minaj has finally met Sophia Grace, the little girl who blew her away with a killer rendition of "Super Bass". The Young Money femcee gave the kid and her cousin, Rosie, a surprise visit when dropping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, October 11.
"Within five seconds of seeing this video, I was calling everyone I knew and I was also receiving a billion emails," the "Moment 4 Life" rapper told Ellen DeGeneres. "Everyone is like, 'You have to see this little girl.' She blew me away! I have a hypeman, and you have a hypegirl."
Wearing cute pink ballerina outfits and tiaras, 8-year-old Sophia and 5-year-old Rosie were given a pink wig and a mic each. The former led the singing and rapping, while the latter danced to the pop/rap tune. Minaj, meanwhile, served as a backing vocalist on some parts of the song.
Sophia and Rosie made headline when homemade video of them performing "Super Bass" hit the web earlier this month. When asked about what made them do the duet together, Sophie answered, "Rosie makes me more confident," leading audience to give a chorus of "awwwwwww."
Ellen then asked them how long they memorized the verses. "We learnt it in a week, but we picked up the words in just two days," Sophia recalled before proclaiming her big love for Nicki Minaj. Laughters broke out among the crowd when she admitted that she didn't know what the song is about.
Nicki Minaj, Rosie and Sophia Grace's Performance:
Rosie and Sophia Grace's Interview:
Rosie and Sophia Grace's Homemade Video:
More Nicki Minaj News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3