Video: Nicki Minaj Joins Little Sophia Grace to Rap 'Super Bass' on 'Ellen'
Nicki Minaj has finally met Sophia Grace, the little girl who blew her away with a killer rendition of "Super Bass". The Young Money femcee gave the kid and her cousin, Rosie, a surprise visit when dropping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, October 11.
"Within five seconds of seeing this video, I was calling everyone I knew and I was also receiving a billion emails," the "Moment 4 Life" rapper told Ellen DeGeneres. "Everyone is like, 'You have to see this little girl.' She blew me away! I have a hypeman, and you have a hypegirl."
Wearing cute pink ballerina outfits and tiaras, 8-year-old Sophia and 5-year-old Rosie were given a pink wig and a mic each. The former led the singing and rapping, while the latter danced to the pop/rap tune. Minaj, meanwhile, served as a backing vocalist on some parts of the song.
Sophia and Rosie made headline when homemade video of them performing "Super Bass" hit the web earlier this month. When asked about what made them do the duet together, Sophie answered, "Rosie makes me more confident," leading audience to give a chorus of "awwwwwww."
Ellen then asked them how long they memorized the verses. "We learnt it in a week, but we picked up the words in just two days," Sophia recalled before proclaiming her big love for Nicki Minaj. Laughters broke out among the crowd when she admitted that she didn't know what the song is about.
Nicki Minaj, Rosie and Sophia Grace's Performance:
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Rosie and Sophia Grace's Interview:
Rosie and Sophia Grace's Homemade Video:
More Nicki Minaj News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed