Sarah Hyland of 'Modern Family' Credits Adele for Saving Her Life
Sarah Hyland does not only love Adele's voice, but also believes the singer's hit single, "Someone Like You", has indirectly saved her life. At the nominations announcement of 2011 American Music Awards, the Haley Dunphy of "Modern Family" recalled the time she and her boyfriend Matt Prokop escaped a potentially fatal car wreck.
The 20-year-old told E! News that the incident took place sometime last week on a Los Angeles freeway during a rainstorm. "It was so foggy you couldn't see ten feet ahead of you," she remembered before explaining that she was accompanying Matt, who had his mind set on remembering lines while driving, to an audition.
Luckily, Matt became less distracted when "Someone Like You" came on the radio. Sarah continued on to share what happened next, "So we blasted it to sing along to it. And then we hit a water pocket...The wheels turned to the right and locked and then it spun." After spinning multiple times, the car came to a stop without any damage.
Assuring that she and her "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" actor boyfriend also escaped unscathed, the "Struck By Lightning" actress said, "We were just really shaken up." She went on to give a shout-out to Grammy-winning Adele as saying, "It's like, 'Thank you for saving my life!' "
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up