Sarah Hyland of 'Modern Family' Credits Adele for Saving Her Life
Sarah Hyland does not only love Adele's voice, but also believes the singer's hit single, "Someone Like You", has indirectly saved her life. At the nominations announcement of 2011 American Music Awards, the Haley Dunphy of "Modern Family" recalled the time she and her boyfriend Matt Prokop escaped a potentially fatal car wreck.
The 20-year-old told E! News that the incident took place sometime last week on a Los Angeles freeway during a rainstorm. "It was so foggy you couldn't see ten feet ahead of you," she remembered before explaining that she was accompanying Matt, who had his mind set on remembering lines while driving, to an audition.
Luckily, Matt became less distracted when "Someone Like You" came on the radio. Sarah continued on to share what happened next, "So we blasted it to sing along to it. And then we hit a water pocket...The wheels turned to the right and locked and then it spun." After spinning multiple times, the car came to a stop without any damage.
Assuring that she and her "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" actor boyfriend also escaped unscathed, the "Struck By Lightning" actress said, "We were just really shaken up." She went on to give a shout-out to Grammy-winning Adele as saying, "It's like, 'Thank you for saving my life!' "
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series