Sarah Hyland of 'Modern Family' Credits Adele for Saving Her Life
Sarah Hyland does not only love Adele's voice, but also believes the singer's hit single, "Someone Like You", has indirectly saved her life. At the nominations announcement of 2011 American Music Awards, the Haley Dunphy of "Modern Family" recalled the time she and her boyfriend Matt Prokop escaped a potentially fatal car wreck.
The 20-year-old told E! News that the incident took place sometime last week on a Los Angeles freeway during a rainstorm. "It was so foggy you couldn't see ten feet ahead of you," she remembered before explaining that she was accompanying Matt, who had his mind set on remembering lines while driving, to an audition.
Luckily, Matt became less distracted when "Someone Like You" came on the radio. Sarah continued on to share what happened next, "So we blasted it to sing along to it. And then we hit a water pocket...The wheels turned to the right and locked and then it spun." After spinning multiple times, the car came to a stop without any damage.
Assuring that she and her "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" actor boyfriend also escaped unscathed, the "Struck By Lightning" actress said, "We were just really shaken up." She went on to give a shout-out to Grammy-winning Adele as saying, "It's like, 'Thank you for saving my life!' "
More Sarah Hyland News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story