Sarah Hyland of 'Modern Family' Credits Adele for Saving Her Life
Sarah Hyland does not only love Adele's voice, but also believes the singer's hit single, "Someone Like You", has indirectly saved her life. At the nominations announcement of 2011 American Music Awards, the Haley Dunphy of "Modern Family" recalled the time she and her boyfriend Matt Prokop escaped a potentially fatal car wreck.
The 20-year-old told E! News that the incident took place sometime last week on a Los Angeles freeway during a rainstorm. "It was so foggy you couldn't see ten feet ahead of you," she remembered before explaining that she was accompanying Matt, who had his mind set on remembering lines while driving, to an audition.
Luckily, Matt became less distracted when "Someone Like You" came on the radio. Sarah continued on to share what happened next, "So we blasted it to sing along to it. And then we hit a water pocket...The wheels turned to the right and locked and then it spun." After spinning multiple times, the car came to a stop without any damage.
Assuring that she and her "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" actor boyfriend also escaped unscathed, the "Struck By Lightning" actress said, "We were just really shaken up." She went on to give a shout-out to Grammy-winning Adele as saying, "It's like, 'Thank you for saving my life!' "
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame