Demi Lovato Nearly Suffered Panic Attack Having to Live With Strangers in Rehab
Demi Lovato isn't done talking about her experience in rehab. The former "Sonny with a Chance" star recently sat down for an interview with Access Hollywood Live, and recalled why she came close to having a full-blown panic attack when she first entered the treatment center.
"I have social anxiety issues when it comes to girls my age because I dealt with bullying, so when I stepped into a treatment center, where I was having to live with 25 strangers," the 19-year-old told hosts Billy Bush and Kit Hoover. "I was like, 'Oh my gosh!' I almost had a full-blown panic attack."
Talking about her breaking point, the "Skyscraper" singer said, "I was just tired, I was out of the country and I was away from my family, things had just built up to a point. I was unhealthy." She went on referring to her participation on the Jonas Brothers tour in 2010, "When you're putting on concerts and you're not eating, you know, that will take a toll on you, and it did."
"I snapped and I regret it to this day," the former girlfriend of Joe Jonas further admitted. "I made a really poor decision and it landed me in treatment." Still, she did note, "Treatment was the best decision that I ever made and it saved my life." She also said that she now fells "amazing", and "really happy and healthy."
During the chat, Demi also credited fellow Disney star Selena Gomez for being there for her. "I think I was out of tears at that point," she recounted. "[Selena] called me and she was crying, she was like, 'Hello.' I'm like, 'Why are you crying? I'm the one in treatment - like, I should be crying.' "
Of her "Princess Protection Program" co-star, the "Camp Rock" actress said further, "She's definitely one of my closest friends and no matter what, we'll always be close as sisters. We met 12 years ago, that's more than half of my life."
More Demi Lovato News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72