Two New Character Posters for 'Sherlock Holmes 2' Bring Air of Mystery
In anticipation of its December release, "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" has got two brand new character posters. Being unveiled via Digital Spy, the fresh one sheets take the focus on Robert Downey Jr.'s titular character and his loyal assistant, Jude Law's Dr. Watson.
The Sherlock poster presents Robert in his famous detective attire with some sort of steampunk-looking automatic pistol on one hand. Looming in the background was a smoking Eiffel Tower. The Watson poster, meanwhile, pictures Jude with some sort of weapon while standing before London's Big Ben which has giant clouds of smoke billowing from its base.
"A Game of Shadows" follows Sherlock as he pursues a new criminal mastermind at large, Professor Moriarty. Equally as intellect as Sherlock, Moriarty has an advantage over the renowned detective for his capacity for evil and complete lack of conscience. Still, Sherlock gets new helps in the form of his older brother Mycroft Holmes and a gypsy woman named Sim.
A sequel to 2009's "Sherlock Holmes", this action mystery film is directed by Guy Ritchie and is due for U.S. release on December 16. Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry are added to the cast ensemble, while Rachel McAdams returns to portray Irene Adler.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!