Scarlett Johansson's Accused Celeb Hacker Told to Live With Custodians After Release
The man accused of hacking into the email accounts of such celebrities as Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis has been let loose. According to the U.S. Attorney's office, Christopher Chaney was released from federal custody on a $10,000 bond after making a court appearance on court Wednesday, October 12 afternoon.
As part of the conditions of his release, the Florida man was ordered to live with third party custodians and to keep away from any new criminal activity. He was also told not to use any computer or other device with Internet access in addition to being prohibited from using drugs and possessing firearms.
Additionally, the 35-year-old from Jacksonville is subject to drug testing, treatment and evaluation. His travel is restricted to the Jacksonville area and the Los Angeles area as well. He is expected to return to court in Jacksonville on Friday, October 14.
Christopher, who was linked to the hacking of 50 victims including Christina Aguilera and Renee Olstead, was arrested on Wednesday morning. He has since been charged with 26 counts of identity theft, unauthorized access to a protected computer and wiretapping among others. If convicted on all accounts, he faces up to 121 years in prison.
TMZ recently brought up Christopher's dark past. Claiming to have obtained court records dated back in 1998, the gossip site reported that the man stole money from Prudential life insurance policy holders along with a friend. Having pled guilty to mail fraud in federal court in Florida, he was sentenced to 48 months probation and ordered to return the money.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'