'Boardwalk Empire' Renewed for Third Season
HBO announced the inevitable. The cable's Emmy-winning drama, "Boardwalk Empire", has been renewed for a third season after showing great numbers in three episodes into the second season.
"Following a triumphant first season, I was eager to see what Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their stellar team had in store, and they continue to surpass our highest expectations," said HBO president of programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been extremely gratifying."
The Steve Buscemi-starring series returned to the screen on September 25 with 2.9 million viewers hooked. Its most recent episode also delivered the same number and a 1.2 rating in the adult demo. The numbers are close to the show's first season average which is 3.2 million viewers.
HBO has also given renewals for "True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Treme".
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...