'Boardwalk Empire' Renewed for Third Season
HBO announced the inevitable. The cable's Emmy-winning drama, "Boardwalk Empire", has been renewed for a third season after showing great numbers in three episodes into the second season.
"Following a triumphant first season, I was eager to see what Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their stellar team had in store, and they continue to surpass our highest expectations," said HBO president of programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been extremely gratifying."
The Steve Buscemi-starring series returned to the screen on September 25 with 2.9 million viewers hooked. Its most recent episode also delivered the same number and a 1.2 rating in the adult demo. The numbers are close to the show's first season average which is 3.2 million viewers.
HBO has also given renewals for "True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Treme".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding