'Boardwalk Empire' Renewed for Third Season
HBO announced the inevitable. The cable's Emmy-winning drama, "Boardwalk Empire", has been renewed for a third season after showing great numbers in three episodes into the second season.
"Following a triumphant first season, I was eager to see what Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their stellar team had in store, and they continue to surpass our highest expectations," said HBO president of programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been extremely gratifying."
The Steve Buscemi-starring series returned to the screen on September 25 with 2.9 million viewers hooked. Its most recent episode also delivered the same number and a 1.2 rating in the adult demo. The numbers are close to the show's first season average which is 3.2 million viewers.
HBO has also given renewals for "True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Treme".
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards