'Boardwalk Empire' Renewed for Third Season
HBO announced the inevitable. The cable's Emmy-winning drama, "Boardwalk Empire", has been renewed for a third season after showing great numbers in three episodes into the second season.
"Following a triumphant first season, I was eager to see what Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their stellar team had in store, and they continue to surpass our highest expectations," said HBO president of programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been extremely gratifying."
The Steve Buscemi-starring series returned to the screen on September 25 with 2.9 million viewers hooked. Its most recent episode also delivered the same number and a 1.2 rating in the adult demo. The numbers are close to the show's first season average which is 3.2 million viewers.
HBO has also given renewals for "True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Treme".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service