'Boardwalk Empire' Renewed for Third Season
HBO announced the inevitable. The cable's Emmy-winning drama, "Boardwalk Empire", has been renewed for a third season after showing great numbers in three episodes into the second season.
"Following a triumphant first season, I was eager to see what Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their stellar team had in store, and they continue to surpass our highest expectations," said HBO president of programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been extremely gratifying."
The Steve Buscemi-starring series returned to the screen on September 25 with 2.9 million viewers hooked. Its most recent episode also delivered the same number and a 1.2 rating in the adult demo. The numbers are close to the show's first season average which is 3.2 million viewers.
HBO has also given renewals for "True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Treme".
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation