James Cameron Reveals How He'll Bring Sigourney Weaver Back to Life for 'Avatar 2'
Although Sigourney Weaver's character Dr. Grace Augustine was seen dying in "Avatar", director James Cameron has a plan to bring her back for its sequel. Speaking to New York Magazine's Vulture, the filmmaker who also helmed the 1997 hit movie "Titanic" insisted that nobody is ever really dead in a sci-fi movie.
"Okay, here's the deal," Cameron said before explaining, "When you have a science-fiction series, a science-fiction franchise, you're never dead, unless your DNA is expunged from the universe." He added, "And then there's always time travel!"
Cameron added that a nonlinear storyline could also bring Augustine back for "Avatar 2". "Have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she [Augustine] shows up, and before Jake shows up to join her," he said.
"She's there for fifteen years ahead of time. I don't know, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. And I've already said way too much about 'Avatar 2' and '3' here and there, but people piece it together like those voice cameos and tell the whole story!," the "True Lies" director added.
During the chat, Cameron was also asked about his other forthcoming projects. The Canadian filmmaker admitted that he doesn't have any plan to make other movies apart from the "Avatar" franchise in the forseeable future. "Not for the next five years! My next film, films are 'Avatar 2' and '3'," so he claimed.
"Avatar" was released in 2009 and has become the highest grossing movie of all time. Also starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Michelle Rodriguez, the movie is set in a spectacular new world where Worthington's Jake Sully embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery, as he leads a heroic war to save a civilization.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group