James Cameron Reveals How He'll Bring Sigourney Weaver Back to Life for 'Avatar 2'
Although Sigourney Weaver's character Dr. Grace Augustine was seen dying in "Avatar", director James Cameron has a plan to bring her back for its sequel. Speaking to New York Magazine's Vulture, the filmmaker who also helmed the 1997 hit movie "Titanic" insisted that nobody is ever really dead in a sci-fi movie.
"Okay, here's the deal," Cameron said before explaining, "When you have a science-fiction series, a science-fiction franchise, you're never dead, unless your DNA is expunged from the universe." He added, "And then there's always time travel!"
Cameron added that a nonlinear storyline could also bring Augustine back for "Avatar 2". "Have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she [Augustine] shows up, and before Jake shows up to join her," he said.
"She's there for fifteen years ahead of time. I don't know, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. And I've already said way too much about 'Avatar 2' and '3' here and there, but people piece it together like those voice cameos and tell the whole story!," the "True Lies" director added.
During the chat, Cameron was also asked about his other forthcoming projects. The Canadian filmmaker admitted that he doesn't have any plan to make other movies apart from the "Avatar" franchise in the forseeable future. "Not for the next five years! My next film, films are 'Avatar 2' and '3'," so he claimed.
"Avatar" was released in 2009 and has become the highest grossing movie of all time. Also starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Michelle Rodriguez, the movie is set in a spectacular new world where Worthington's Jake Sully embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery, as he leads a heroic war to save a civilization.
More Avatar 2 News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick