Leonardo DiCaprio Could Play Tormented Math Genius in 'Imitation Game'
After portraying the life of a fabled FBI director in "J. Edgar", Leonardo DiCaprio might star in another biopic. The "Inception" actor is reportedly very interested to tackle the lead role in Warner Bros. Pictures' new movie project about the life of Alan Turing called "The Imitation Game".
On Tuesday, October 11, the studio has acquired the spec script of "Imitation Game" from first-time screenwriter Graham Moore with a 7-figure deal. According to Deadline, DiCaprio has "the inside track" to chase the project. Additionally, "The Da Vinci Code" helmer Ron Howard has shown his interest to direct the biopic.
Moore's script chronicles the up-and-down life story of Turing, an English mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist who was born in 1912. He was also a key codebreaker for the British during the World War II. However, he was said to have a tormented soul and was criminally prosecuted for his homosexuality. In 1954, he decided to kill himself by eating a cyanide-laced apple.
Warner reportedly sees the script as the best one it has read in years. To fine-tune the script, Moore worked together with first-time producers Nora Grossman and Ido Ostrowsky, who own the rights to Andrew Hosges' biography about Turing called "Alan Turin: The Enigma".
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'