Javier Bardem Confirms He's Chosen to Play the Next 'Bond' Villain
Javier Bardem has confirmed long-running rumor about his involvement in an untitled Bond 23 project. In a recent interview with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's "Nightline", the Oscar-winning actor stated that he will play the nemesis of Daniel Craig's James Bond in the next installment of the 007 franchise.
Asked to explain about his villainous character in the upcoming Bond movie, Bardem, who is famously known for playing a killer with a bad haircut in "No Country for Old Men", said, "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details." He added, "I am very excited. My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun."
Aside from the Bond movie project, which will be released in the U.S. on November 9, 2012, Bardem is recently in talks to lend his voice for animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Words are, the 42-year-old actor would voice the mean El Macho in the sequel of 2010's "Despicable Me".
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?