Javier Bardem Confirms He's Chosen to Play the Next 'Bond' Villain
Javier Bardem has confirmed long-running rumor about his involvement in an untitled Bond 23 project. In a recent interview with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's "Nightline", the Oscar-winning actor stated that he will play the nemesis of Daniel Craig's James Bond in the next installment of the 007 franchise.
Asked to explain about his villainous character in the upcoming Bond movie, Bardem, who is famously known for playing a killer with a bad haircut in "No Country for Old Men", said, "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details." He added, "I am very excited. My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun."
Aside from the Bond movie project, which will be released in the U.S. on November 9, 2012, Bardem is recently in talks to lend his voice for animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Words are, the 42-year-old actor would voice the mean El Macho in the sequel of 2010's "Despicable Me".
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!