Javier Bardem Confirms He's Chosen to Play the Next 'Bond' Villain
Javier Bardem has confirmed long-running rumor about his involvement in an untitled Bond 23 project. In a recent interview with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's "Nightline", the Oscar-winning actor stated that he will play the nemesis of Daniel Craig's James Bond in the next installment of the 007 franchise.
Asked to explain about his villainous character in the upcoming Bond movie, Bardem, who is famously known for playing a killer with a bad haircut in "No Country for Old Men", said, "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details." He added, "I am very excited. My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun."
Aside from the Bond movie project, which will be released in the U.S. on November 9, 2012, Bardem is recently in talks to lend his voice for animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Words are, the 42-year-old actor would voice the mean El Macho in the sequel of 2010's "Despicable Me".
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie