Javier Bardem Confirms He's Chosen to Play the Next 'Bond' Villain
Javier Bardem has confirmed long-running rumor about his involvement in an untitled Bond 23 project. In a recent interview with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's "Nightline", the Oscar-winning actor stated that he will play the nemesis of Daniel Craig's James Bond in the next installment of the 007 franchise.
Asked to explain about his villainous character in the upcoming Bond movie, Bardem, who is famously known for playing a killer with a bad haircut in "No Country for Old Men", said, "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details." He added, "I am very excited. My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun."
Aside from the Bond movie project, which will be released in the U.S. on November 9, 2012, Bardem is recently in talks to lend his voice for animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Words are, the 42-year-old actor would voice the mean El Macho in the sequel of 2010's "Despicable Me".
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage