Javier Bardem Confirms He's Chosen to Play the Next 'Bond' Villain
Javier Bardem has confirmed long-running rumor about his involvement in an untitled Bond 23 project. In a recent interview with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's "Nightline", the Oscar-winning actor stated that he will play the nemesis of Daniel Craig's James Bond in the next installment of the 007 franchise.
Asked to explain about his villainous character in the upcoming Bond movie, Bardem, who is famously known for playing a killer with a bad haircut in "No Country for Old Men", said, "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details." He added, "I am very excited. My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun."
Aside from the Bond movie project, which will be released in the U.S. on November 9, 2012, Bardem is recently in talks to lend his voice for animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Words are, the 42-year-old actor would voice the mean El Macho in the sequel of 2010's "Despicable Me".
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri