2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards Winners: Chris Brown, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj
The 6th annual BET Hip-Hop Awards, which was taped in early October, was finally broadcast on Tuesday night, October 11. During the airing, it's revealed that Chris Brown, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj were some of the lucky artists who collected multiple trophies.
Breezy's collaboration with Weezy and Busta Rhymes in song called "Look at Me Now" won Best Hip-Hop Video, Reese's Perfect Combo Award, and Verizon People's Champ Award. Additionally, the verses rapped by Busta in the track were named Sweet 16: Best Featured Verse.
Beside helping Breezy win those awards, Weezy also got two coveted prizes for his own. The "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper grabbed Best Live Performer and Lyricist of the Year. He beat Busta, Cee-Lo Green, Jay-Z and Kanye West in the former, and pushed aside Jigga, Kanye, Rick Ross and Minaj in the latter.
Though losing Lyricist of the Year from Weezy, Minaj still managed to receive double gongs. The Young Money femcee brought home MVP of the Year and Made-You-Look Award. She took revenge by beating Weezy in both categories. She additionally won over Rozay, Kanye, Jiggaman and Wiz Khalifa.
Giving up his hope to bring home Made-You-Look Award, Khalifa was still lucky enough to earn two kudos. The rapper, who is vying for New Artist of the Year at 2011 American Music Awards, walked home as a Rookie of the Year, and scored Track of the Year through his claim-fame single "Black and Yellow".
Kanye and Jigga didn't walk home empty-handed as well. Although repeatedly sidelined, The Throne still snatched one coveted prize each. Kanye won CD of the Year, thanks to "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Meanwhile, the husband of Beyonce Knowles took Hustler of the Year title.
2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards was hosted by comedian Mike Epps. The event featured performances and appearances from such big stars as Swizz Beatz, T.I., Lupe Fiasco, Erykah Badu and Eminem. Special honoree that night was LL Cool J who was saluted with "I Am Hip-Hop" Icon Award.
- Best Hip Hop Video: Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- Reese's Perfect Combo Award (Best Collab): Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- Best Live Performer: Lil Wayne
- Lyricist of the Year: Lil Wayne
- Video Director of the Year: Hype Williams
- Producer of the Year: Lex Luger
- MVP of the Year: Nicki Minaj
- Track of the Year: Wiz Khalifa - "Black and Yellow" (Produced by Stargate)
- CD of the Year: Kanye West - "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
- DJ of the Year: DJ Khaled
- Rookie of the Year: Wiz Khalifa
- Made-You-Look Award (Best Hip Hop Style): Nicki Minaj
- Best Hip Hop Online Site: WorldStarHipHop.com
- Best Club Banger: Waka Flocka Flame - "No Hands" (Produced by Lex Luger)
- Best Mixtape: J. Cole - "Friday Night Lights"
- Sweet 16: Best Featured Verse: Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now" (Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes)
- Hustler of the Year: Jay-Z
- Verizon People's Champ Award (Viewers' Choice): Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- "I Am Hip-Hop" Icon Award: LL Cool J
More Chris Brown News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards