Sarah Jessica Parker Comments on Kristin Davis Adopting Baby Girl
Sarah Jessica Parker couldn't be happier for her "Sex and the City" co-star Kristin Davis. Just days after Kristin revealed she has welcomed a baby girl through domestic adoption, SJP admitted in an interview that she has yet to see her co-star's new bundle of joy, but is ecstatic about the news.
"She lives in Los Angeles and I live here [in New York], so I've not met her [baby] yet, but I'm so happy for her and I just could not be happier for Kristin," she told Access Hollywood. "It's a wonderful situation. I know she's wanted to have a family for a long time and she deserves that unique kind of happiness that children bring and I'm so happy for her."
Kristin named her adopted daughter, Gemma Rose, the latter is the name that her character Charlotte picked for her baby in the movie. About the coincidence, SJP commented, "That occurred to me." The wife of actor Matthew Broderick continued, "But it's a beautiful old-fashioned name."
The actress who was recently seen in "I Don't Know How She Does It" went on to reason, "Kristin is a really old fashioned girl. She's a southern-raised kind of... She has a real traditional streak, so I think it's a beautiful name... It's nice."
SJP herself has three children with husband Matthew. The couple had their first son James Wilkie in late October 2002, and they welcomed their twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge, through a surrogate in June 2009.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle