Sarah Jessica Parker Comments on Kristin Davis Adopting Baby Girl
Sarah Jessica Parker couldn't be happier for her "Sex and the City" co-star Kristin Davis. Just days after Kristin revealed she has welcomed a baby girl through domestic adoption, SJP admitted in an interview that she has yet to see her co-star's new bundle of joy, but is ecstatic about the news.
"She lives in Los Angeles and I live here [in New York], so I've not met her [baby] yet, but I'm so happy for her and I just could not be happier for Kristin," she told Access Hollywood. "It's a wonderful situation. I know she's wanted to have a family for a long time and she deserves that unique kind of happiness that children bring and I'm so happy for her."
Kristin named her adopted daughter, Gemma Rose, the latter is the name that her character Charlotte picked for her baby in the movie. About the coincidence, SJP commented, "That occurred to me." The wife of actor Matthew Broderick continued, "But it's a beautiful old-fashioned name."
The actress who was recently seen in "I Don't Know How She Does It" went on to reason, "Kristin is a really old fashioned girl. She's a southern-raised kind of... She has a real traditional streak, so I think it's a beautiful name... It's nice."
SJP herself has three children with husband Matthew. The couple had their first son James Wilkie in late October 2002, and they welcomed their twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge, through a surrogate in June 2009.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Joanna Krupa Goes Completely Nude on Instagram - See the Racy Pic
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry