Naked Photo of Deceased Michael Jackson Shown in Manslaughter Trial
As the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray continued Tuesday, October 11, another photo of deceased Michael Jackson was shown to the jurors. While previous image showed the singer's lifeless body on a hospital gurney, this new one displayed his corpse lying naked on the autopsy table.
The picture also exposed that gauze and tape applied during attempts to revive the late King of Pop were still attached to his body. There is a wound on his chest, but it is unclear whether it occurred postmortem. It was mentioned that the date on the counter, August 25, 2009, was an error, because the photo was actually taken June 25, 2009.
CNN reported that before the photo was shown in courtroom, Michael's mother Katherine was forewarned by the prosecutor. She reportedly chose to leave during the mid-morning break. After the photo was put on display, a fan left the seat she won on a lottery while other fans quietly wept and hugged each other.
All the while, the doctor who performed an autopsy on MJ took the stand to testify against Conrad. Los Angeles Deputy Medical Examiner Christopher Rogers told the jurors it was nearly impossible for the late singer to self-administer the lethal dose of propofol, as saying, "The circumstances from my point of view do not support self administration of propofol."
Challenging the defense's theory that MJ gave himself the lethal dose of drugs in the two minute time period Murray was away, Dr. Rogers added, "In order for Mr. Jackson to administer the propofol to himself, you have to believe that he... woke up, although he was at least to some extent under the influence of other sedatives, he was able to administer propofol to himself."
In conclusion, Dr. Rogers stated that the cause of MJ's death on June 25, 2009, was "acute propofol intoxication, and the contributing condition was Benzodiazapine effect." He additionally declared that the death of the singer was ruled a homicide.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event