2011 AMAs Nominations: Adele, Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, Taylor Swift and More
Nominees for the 2011 American Music Awards have been announced in a press conference held at JW Marriott in Los Angeles on Tuesday, October 11. Coming to the event to help reveal the lucky musicians who will battle for the coveted prizes were Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, Sarah Hyland, Mitchel Musso and Lance Bass.
Both Pitbull and Minaj get two nominations each for the 39th annual AMAs celebration, but it's Adele who scores the most nods. The British pop sensation grabs four, and she's followed by the likes of Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lil Wayne and Taylor Swift who receive three each.
Adele is battling GaGa, Perry, Weezy and Swift in Artist of the Year. She is also vying for Favorite Female Pop/Rock Artist, going head-to-head against the "Judas" singer and the "E.T." hitmaker once again. For a third time, she bumps into the Mother Monster in Favorite Pop/Rock Album along with Riri, and faces Perry in Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist alongside Bruno Mars.
While GaGa and Perry meet Adele in all of their three nods, Weezy, Swift and Riri appear in two other categories where they avoid the "Someone Like You" crooner. The Young Money rap mogul is nominated for Favorite Artist and Favorite Album in Rap/Hip-Hop Music, pitting him against Minaj and Kanye West in both.
Swift gets two additional nominations in Country Music by being listed as one of the contenders for Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Album. The "Mean" singer is competing against Sara Evans and Miranda Lambert in the former field, and has to beat Jason Aldean and The Band Perry to win the latter prize.
Like the country/pop cutie, Riri also receives two more nods to make up her three nominations. The "You Found Love" hitmaker is vying for Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Album in Soul/R&B Music. She's facing off Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland in the former, and competing Queen Bey once again and Chris Brown in the latter.
The 2011 American Music Awards show will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, November 20, on ABC at 8 P.M. ET. The other nominees at the awards show include Justin Bieber (Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist), Jennifer Lopez (Favorite Latin Artist), and Wiz Khalifa (Favorite New Artist of the Year).
Artist of the Year:
Favorite Female Artist:
Favorite Female Artist:
- Lil Wayne - "Tha Carter IV"
- Jay-Z and Kanye West aka The Throne - "Watch the Throne"
- Nicki Minaj - "Pink Friday"
Favorite Male Artist:
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!