Taylor Swift Chosen as Billboard's Woman of the Year
For her philanthropic work, her presence and especially her success in music industry, Taylor Swift has been selected to be Billboard's Woman of the Year. The 21-year-old would receive the honor at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music Event which is held December 2 in New York City.
Swift, for one, has sold more albums that any artist in any genre in the past 12 months. Her third and latest album, "Speak Now", has been sold almost 3 million copies in the United States alone. She also won several Billboard Music Awards through the album.
As the recipient of Woman of the Year title, Swift is officially the youngest artist to ever receive the honor. "Taylor has shown the power of good songwriting with music that has transcended genres, and we're thrilled to recognize all of her successes over the past year by honoring her with the Billboard Woman of the Year Award," said Bill Werde, Billboard's Editorial Director.
"At the young age of 21, Taylor has already made a major impact on music and has been an incredible role model for aspiring singers/songwriters and young women everywhere. I look forward to watching her career continue to flourish in the years to come."
Swift has retweeted the announcement of her selection twice.
More Taylor Swift News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!