Taylor Swift Chosen as Billboard's Woman of the Year
For her philanthropic work, her presence and especially her success in music industry, Taylor Swift has been selected to be Billboard's Woman of the Year. The 21-year-old would receive the honor at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music Event which is held December 2 in New York City.
Swift, for one, has sold more albums that any artist in any genre in the past 12 months. Her third and latest album, "Speak Now", has been sold almost 3 million copies in the United States alone. She also won several Billboard Music Awards through the album.
As the recipient of Woman of the Year title, Swift is officially the youngest artist to ever receive the honor. "Taylor has shown the power of good songwriting with music that has transcended genres, and we're thrilled to recognize all of her successes over the past year by honoring her with the Billboard Woman of the Year Award," said Bill Werde, Billboard's Editorial Director.
"At the young age of 21, Taylor has already made a major impact on music and has been an incredible role model for aspiring singers/songwriters and young women everywhere. I look forward to watching her career continue to flourish in the years to come."
Swift has retweeted the announcement of her selection twice.
More Taylor Swift News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says