Cher Overwhelmed With Emotion After Watching Chaz Bono on 'DWTS'
Cher was so proud of her son Chaz Bono on "Dancing with the Stars" that she broke into tears. The "Burlesque" songstress was overwhelmed with emotion when watching his performance from the audience seat during the October 10 episode of the dancing competition.
In an all-capital letter tweet, Cher wrote, "Omg! I was crying ! Wasnt expecting 2 b so nervous ! Broke my bracelet clapping ! I'm so proud !! Chaz was great! Loved David Arquette 2nd." Earlier in the day, she posted, "On way to DWTS ! I'm very TRIBAL ! Pauli will take pic ! If it's good I'll send Wish chaz luck !!! I'm here !"
Cher's indeed seen standing up among the crowd cheering and applauding Chaz. Another member of the family spotted coming to support him was his stepmother Mary Bono. "It was great to have everyone here. It pumped me up. I know my mom was really proud of me and that was awesome. I'm glad that whatever we're doing is touching people," he gushed.
However, Chaz kept his full focus on his performance once he was on stage. "When we're dancing I try to just focus on [Lacey] and what we're doing," he said. "It was a great night. Last week was a hard week and everyone knew I was kind of feeling bad about it, so to come back this week and have my whole family there it was amazing."
That Monday night, Chaz danced paso doble to the theme of "Rocky". He received praises from judges Len Goodman and Bruno Toli. The former said, "Like Rocky, you're 'getting stronger!' It wasn't exactly a knockout performance, but it was your best to date," while the latter added, "Chaz, in the true spirit of Rocky, no matter how many knock you take, you keep coming back."
He extended his gratitude by posting a short message on Twitter, and gave a shout-out to his dance partner Lacey Schwimmer. "Thanks to everyone for the support. I had an awesome time dancing the Rocky theme with @LaceySchwimmer and my whole family in the audience!" he wrote.
More Cher News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show