'Game of Thrones' Casts 'Downton Abbey' Actress, Season 2 to Debut April 2012
Rose Leslie will relocate from "Downton Abbey" to Westeros to join "Game of Thrones". The 24-year-old Scottish beauty has landed a major role in the second season of the HBO hit series as wildling woman Ygritte.
Described as "strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness", Ygritte meets Jon Snow during his adventures beyond the Wall. In the book, the unconventional red-haired beauty is said to become a lover to Jon Snow.
Leslie has previously taken part in Emmy-winning series "Downton Abbey". She plays Gwen who eventually snags her dream to work as a secretary. It is unclear whether or not she will reprise her role in the second season of the period drama.
As for "Game of Thrones", the new season will premiere on HBO in April 2012. The network, however, has not unveiled a specific date for the return of the novel-adapted show.
More Game of Thrones News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce