'Game of Thrones' Casts 'Downton Abbey' Actress, Season 2 to Debut April 2012
Rose Leslie will relocate from "Downton Abbey" to Westeros to join "Game of Thrones". The 24-year-old Scottish beauty has landed a major role in the second season of the HBO hit series as wildling woman Ygritte.
Described as "strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness", Ygritte meets Jon Snow during his adventures beyond the Wall. In the book, the unconventional red-haired beauty is said to become a lover to Jon Snow.
Leslie has previously taken part in Emmy-winning series "Downton Abbey". She plays Gwen who eventually snags her dream to work as a secretary. It is unclear whether or not she will reprise her role in the second season of the period drama.
As for "Game of Thrones", the new season will premiere on HBO in April 2012. The network, however, has not unveiled a specific date for the return of the novel-adapted show.
More Game of Thrones News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story