'Game of Thrones' Casts 'Downton Abbey' Actress, Season 2 to Debut April 2012
Rose Leslie will relocate from "Downton Abbey" to Westeros to join "Game of Thrones". The 24-year-old Scottish beauty has landed a major role in the second season of the HBO hit series as wildling woman Ygritte.
Described as "strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness", Ygritte meets Jon Snow during his adventures beyond the Wall. In the book, the unconventional red-haired beauty is said to become a lover to Jon Snow.
Leslie has previously taken part in Emmy-winning series "Downton Abbey". She plays Gwen who eventually snags her dream to work as a secretary. It is unclear whether or not she will reprise her role in the second season of the period drama.
As for "Game of Thrones", the new season will premiere on HBO in April 2012. The network, however, has not unveiled a specific date for the return of the novel-adapted show.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie