'Game of Thrones' Casts 'Downton Abbey' Actress, Season 2 to Debut April 2012
Rose Leslie will relocate from "Downton Abbey" to Westeros to join "Game of Thrones". The 24-year-old Scottish beauty has landed a major role in the second season of the HBO hit series as wildling woman Ygritte.
Described as "strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness", Ygritte meets Jon Snow during his adventures beyond the Wall. In the book, the unconventional red-haired beauty is said to become a lover to Jon Snow.
Leslie has previously taken part in Emmy-winning series "Downton Abbey". She plays Gwen who eventually snags her dream to work as a secretary. It is unclear whether or not she will reprise her role in the second season of the period drama.
As for "Game of Thrones", the new season will premiere on HBO in April 2012. The network, however, has not unveiled a specific date for the return of the novel-adapted show.
More Game of Thrones News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'