'Game of Thrones' Casts 'Downton Abbey' Actress, Season 2 to Debut April 2012
Rose Leslie will relocate from "Downton Abbey" to Westeros to join "Game of Thrones". The 24-year-old Scottish beauty has landed a major role in the second season of the HBO hit series as wildling woman Ygritte.
Described as "strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness", Ygritte meets Jon Snow during his adventures beyond the Wall. In the book, the unconventional red-haired beauty is said to become a lover to Jon Snow.
Leslie has previously taken part in Emmy-winning series "Downton Abbey". She plays Gwen who eventually snags her dream to work as a secretary. It is unclear whether or not she will reprise her role in the second season of the period drama.
As for "Game of Thrones", the new season will premiere on HBO in April 2012. The network, however, has not unveiled a specific date for the return of the novel-adapted show.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala