Amy Winehouse's 'Heartfelt Memoir' to Be Published Next Summer
Mitch Winehouse has found a way to keep memories of his beloved daughter Amy Winehouse preserved in a book. He has signed a deal with HarperCollins to write a memoir about the late singer which will hit bookstores in summer 2012.
"Mitch Winehouse wants to tell her incredible story in full," HarperCollins says in a statement. "From her mischievous early years, through her rise to stardom to her much publicized struggles with addiction, he will bring the many layers of her life together - the personal, the private and the public - to create a fitting tribute to his much loved daughter."
The publishing company additionally promises that the tome will be "heartfelt and revelatory." All proceeds from the sales of the book will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity for children and young adults that was founded by Mitch following the "Rehab" songstress' death earlier this year.
Amy died at the age of 27 on her bed in her Camden, north London home on July 23. To pay tribute to the Grammy Award winner, controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards made a sculpture named "Memorial Portrait for Amy Winehouse" which features the "Back to Black" singer bare-chested without her trademark tattoos and piercings.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says