Amy Winehouse's 'Heartfelt Memoir' to Be Published Next Summer
Mitch Winehouse has found a way to keep memories of his beloved daughter Amy Winehouse preserved in a book. He has signed a deal with HarperCollins to write a memoir about the late singer which will hit bookstores in summer 2012.
"Mitch Winehouse wants to tell her incredible story in full," HarperCollins says in a statement. "From her mischievous early years, through her rise to stardom to her much publicized struggles with addiction, he will bring the many layers of her life together - the personal, the private and the public - to create a fitting tribute to his much loved daughter."
The publishing company additionally promises that the tome will be "heartfelt and revelatory." All proceeds from the sales of the book will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity for children and young adults that was founded by Mitch following the "Rehab" songstress' death earlier this year.
Amy died at the age of 27 on her bed in her Camden, north London home on July 23. To pay tribute to the Grammy Award winner, controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards made a sculpture named "Memorial Portrait for Amy Winehouse" which features the "Back to Black" singer bare-chested without her trademark tattoos and piercings.
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump