Brad Pitt Furious After Hungarian SWAT Raided 'World War Z' Set
The production of Brad Pitt's new film "World War Z" has encountered a problem with Hungarian authorities. On Monday, October 10, a SWAT team raided a warehouse in Budapest, seizing 85 weapons that will be used for the shooting. Pitt was reportedly not present when the raid happened, but a source claimed that he was left very angry over what happened. "The film is already over budget and over schedule. Brad is furious," so said the source.
Previously it was reported that most of the weapons found in the warehouse were automatic, military-style assault rifles, including AK-47s and sniper rifles. Those weapons were supposed to be non-functional, but the authorities have found otherwise. Hajdu Janos and Zsolt Bodnar, the director and deputy of Hungary's Anti-Terrorism Unit told Us Weekly, "We can confirm that weapons were confiscated at an airport."
Both officers explained furthermore, "This morning a private plane brought guns wrapped in a parcel from a company to an individual [in Budapest]. Guns like these are highly illegal to transport even if they were to used as stage guns, which hopefully they weren't." Janos also added, "We are interrogating witness now, getting closer to solving the firearms story."
Shortly after the news broke, a publicist for Pitt's Plan B Entertainment has released an official statement regarding the issue. "We are working with the authorities to resolve the matter and have no further comment at this time," so said the publicist.
Directed by Marc Forster, "World War Z" is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 21, 2012. Aside from tackling the lead role, Pitt also serves as the producer. The movie also stars Mireille Enos, James Badge Dale, Julia Levy-Boeken and Elyes Gabel.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune