Man Arrested After Tossing Hot Dog at Tiger Woods
A bizarre incident almost distracted Tiger Woods during Frys.com Open in San Martin, California on Sunday, October 9. A man threw a hot dog at the athlete, whose cheating scandal made headlines last year, when he was trying to putt at the seventh green.
The man, whose name was not released by authorities, burst from the crowd and shouted, "Tiger, Tiger" before launching the hot dog. Luckily, the sausage did not come close to reaching its target and landed on the putting surface, and the man was quickly arrested.
Woods backed off his birdie putt after the incident, but quickly resumed play. He finished in a tie for 30th. "I guess he wanted to be in the news. And I'm sure he will be," the 35-year-old pro golfer commented.
"Some guy just came running on the green, and he had a hot dog, and evidently ... I don't know how he tried to throw it, but I was kind of focusing on my putt when he started yelling," Woods shared his version of the hot dog attack. "Next thing I know, he laid on the ground, and looked like he wanted to be arrested because he ... put his hands behind his back and turned his head."
Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the man, who was from Santa Rosa, was arrested for disturbing the peace and removed from the property, but he would not be taken to jail because it was a misdemeanor. To authorities, the man claimed he did not mean to throw the hot dog at Woods, but toss it in the air.
The man, who appeared to be intoxicated, also admitted that he had a drink earlier the day. "He was very cooperative," Cardoza went on saying. "They said, 'Why did you do this?' He just shook his head in guilt or remorse. He didn't give a reason why he did it."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton