Video: Beyonce and Christina Aguilera Salute Michael Jackson
Some footage from Michael Jackson tribute concert has gone online. In one of them, Beyonce Knowles is seen delivering a special tribute to the late King of Pop. Donning a Jackson Five-esque afro hairdo, she performed a rendition of Michael's 1972 classic "I Wanna Be Where You Are" via satellite.
The Queen Bey was introduced by MJ's three kids Paris, Prince and Blanket who wore their father's signature costume to the stage. "She is always pushing the envelope with her boundless energy and talent," Paris said. "She carries the torch lit by our father and it gives me great pleasure to introduce this woman."
Before busting her moves, Beyonce said, "I remember seeing Michael Jackson for the first time. Lord knows I fell in love. Watching him I realized exactly what I wanted to be. He inspired me so much. As a matter of fact, the first song I performed with Destiny's Child was a Jackson 5 song. It's the song we auditioned to get our record deal. It was the beginning of our future. I love you forever, Michael Jackson."
Right after Beyonce's performance, Christina Aguilera took the stage to belt out her take on MJ's "Smile" and proceeded with "Dirty Diana". Alexandra Burke picked up where X-Tina left off by belting out "Who's Lovin' You" and "Scream", Cee-Lo Green followed later with "I Can't Help It". The other performers included Leona Lewis, La Toya Jackson, Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson. The opening act that night was Ne-Yo with his rendition of "Billie Jean".
Beyonce singing "I Wanna Be Where You Are":
Christina Aguilera singing "Smile":
Christina Aguilera singing "Dirty Diana":
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie